I am a current junior at a very small, non-competitive, Upstate New York high school. I am looking for some input on where I should set my goals for when looking at colleges. Here are some of my credentials:

9th Grade: Overall GPA is 90% (3.5)
Class Rank: 32/115

10th Grade: Overall GPA is 93% (3.8)
Class Rank: 12/118

I wish I could call myself a well-rounded student, but honestly, I can't. My strengths are math and science, and I exceed greatly in those areas. English and Literature are also a pretty good subject for me. History and Global Studies is where my average gets brought down.

Throughout my first two years of high school, there were no honors or AP courses in my schedule. My school only offers AP for US History, Spanish 4, Spanish 5, Calculus, English 12 and Economics. There is not a huge selection for courses, and you have to take entrance exams to get into any honors or AP classes and you must receive a perfect score to do so. The only way you can be in them without getting a perfect score is if you place in the top 10% in middle school on the exams to get into the honors, then you are guaranteed the class throughout high school.

This year, the only AP I take is Spanish 4.
My extracurriculars include: Secretary of Student Council, Varsity Soccer, and I also have a job at a local pool as a lifeguard. I had to take the certification class to become one as well. I also have a situation with a local doctor. If she is on call for the hospital, I am on call for her to go to her house and watch her children/house/pets. (Maybe showed reliability..?)

I have also had a few leadership positions in the past few years which include: Treasurer of the Community Service Club, Captain of the JV Soccer team, and I also received an award last year for MVP Offense in soccer.

I was wondering whether or not top tier schools focus on grades as much for people applying as art majors as they would for someone who applies for say.. Engineering. Some schools have really caught my eye but I am unsure of my chances of getting into them. I have set them up into different categories: safety, match, reach, super reach.

Safety:
University at Buffalo
SUNY Brockport, Fredonia, Cortland.

Match:
Penn State
Syracuse
Wake Forest

Reach:
UVa
UCLA
University of Michigan
NYU
University of Rochester

Super Reach:
Lehigh
Brown
University of Southern California
Carnegie Mellon
Notre Dame
Rice
Washington University in St. Louis

The only reason I put the top schools on my list is because I am not sure if they take grades into account as much for a graphic design/art major than they do for other majors. Any input is greatly appreciated.