I have been in a long term, serious relationship for over 2 years now. At first I molded myself to be what my boyfriend wanted in a girl, because I didn't want to lose him (and I still don't). I used to wear trendy clothes and make up and be a real girly girl. Since I've been in a relationship with this guy I wear only t-shirts and such with no make up at all. I don't show cleavage at all and don't dress to get any kind of male attention. When I do dress up a little more than normal, my boyfriend thinks I'm looking to be sexy.

All I want is to feel like a girl again. I want to be able to feel feminine...wear a skirt or something every once in a while. I would like to wear something that makes me feel trendy, like my age...not like a guy or a grandma. The problem is that my boyfriend freaks out at change. How do I slowly and subtly regain my femininity? I don't want male attention other than from my own boyfriend. How do I explain this to him so that he understands that I need this in order to feel pretty and not so disgusted with myself? Has anyone else ever felt this way?