The pain started like 2 weeks ago (Sunday) and I dont do anything (no exercise, no running, no hard work etc). It was on my BACK lower right side of my rib cage.

I suspected it was some kind of strain from my activity but I dont remember doing anything beside's using my computer, eating, sleep, taking shower and other normal stuff. I have Taekwondo training every Monday and Thursday. A day after (Monday) that pain started, I had my Taekwondo training and the pain got worse. As I get back home I apply some ointment and it went down a bit and almost gone on Wednesday. But it started again on Thursday after my training and like every single time I go for Taekwondo training, the area start to ache again and I feel the pain on my right muscle too.

I went to doctor yesterday and he said my back rib cage is injured and it might take a while before it completely heal.

Is it normal that the pain also got onto my muscle? Should I rest from Taekwondo training until it healed or is it safe for me to continue training? Its grading time for my Taekwondo academy next Saturday, so I wish I can get someone advice weather I should rest or is there anything I can do to heal my injured area faster?

Thank you!