I had a kidney stone that created a blockage in my kidney removed in October, and a few weeks after that I started having this sharp pain up near my ribs on the right side. The pain in my kidney never went away after the surgery and it still felts super inflammed, so I went to the surgeon and told him about the rib pain and the still present kidney pain, and in January they did another surgery to remove another kidney stone that had formed, and thought that the rib pain was probably related to that.

Well it has been almost 2 months since that second surgery and over 3 months since the rib pain started and it has just gotten worse and worse. The pain is in the front and back of my ribs. It is also under the ribcage and my kidney is still incredibly tender to touch. The pain is a constant sharp pain, and it gets worse in the evening. It hurts A LOT to sit up in a chair - so much that I actually quit my office job, and feels its best when I am either lying down or reclined, but the pain never completely goes away. It hurts when I am just sitting here, and if you press on the ribs or below them it is very painful. The pain does not increase when I move around though. I have gone to my doctor multiple times and had xrays and they just don't seem to know what it is. Ice, heat, and pain pills don't help at all.

Does this sound like a pulled muscle or something else? What could it be?