I have Photoshop CS4, HP laser color printer (for office), windows 7. I need to print a PSD document that I designed, A4, 300 dpi, RGB, with 50% photo and 50% text (not overlapping). Texts (11 point, Century Gothic) on white canvas. Everything is sharp at 100%.

A problem appears when I print the document - the texts aren't 'sharp'. Around each stroke, there is this red-ish fog. It reminds me of very badly compressed JPGs. At first I thought it's typesetting problem (like 'trap'?). I did following settings:

(1) Set printer manage colors, photos are color correct, texts are blurred. I am happy with the color of the photos, so I thought I can improve by changing anti-aliasing.
(2) Set aa to sharp, crisp or none on different text layers - texts are equally blurred. So I thought it must be the color.
(3) Set color of the texts to 60-40-40-100, and 50,50,50,100, and 0,0,0,100 - different tones but still blurred.
(4) Set Photoshop manage colors, working CMYK Fogra 39 (EU standard), photos are dark and grey color becomes green (very green), texts are sharper than before, still not the same as 'document texts' printed by MS Word. Maybe the strong green has off-set the red-ish fog around texts.
(5) Save as PDF and open Acrobat Pro, print origonal size, texts are SHARP finally! But photos are slightly darker than desired result. This last try is best for texts, acceptable for photos.

So my question is - what did I do wrong? Is there a way at all to print directly from PSD? Because sometiems I need to make last munite changes, it is faster to print directly from Photoshop. I know Photoshop is not a text oriented application, but I see companies printing their flyers in PSD with quite decent results. Why can't I get similar result with office laser color printer? Should I use illustrator from now on for designs more than 50% texts?

Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks in advance!