Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    genius

How to cook red meat without using oil or frying it?

My mom usually buys red meat more than other kinds of meat. Since this is the case, I was wondering how to cook it without using so much oil(her cooking resembles the deep frying of fast food) and how to make the meat still taste good. I don't want to fry the meat either, I was hoping in maybe doing something else with it, but what?

*~*Lisa*~*
    Try baking the meat with seasonings! You cat also try Mrs Dash, with baked veggies! It is healthy and tasty without the oil and grease!

friendsrock
    maybe boiling it and adding a few ingredients to taste? or grilling it?

netoe
    Bake it or cook it on the grill.,. marinade it for a at least 35 min... if you make it it will come out juicy. enjoy

Hollister Luver 101
    grilling it

goldhord
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees, with a rack set in the middle.
    Heat a heavy, cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, until a few drops of water sprinkled in the hot pan evaporate within 3 seconds.
    Coat the bottom of the pan with 2 teaspoons of extra light olive oil, grpeseed oil. (Always from a glass bottle.)
    Liberally salt the steaks with kosher salt, about 3/4 teaspoon for each steak.
    Place steaks in pan and sear for 2 minutes on each side, flipping only once with tongs.
    Transfer the steaks, still in the pan, to the oven and roast for roughly 8 to 9 minutes for 11/2-inch steaks to achieve medium-rare (an instant-read thermometer should register between 125 and 130 degrees).
    Let the steaks rest, under a tent of aluminum foil, for 5 minutes before serving.
    On the grill, sear first over high heat, and then move the steaks to a cooler part of the grill to finish cooking

Miss Delanne
    grill, Grill, GRILL

Erica H
    well i usually use a little butter and a sprinkle of - pepper, galic powder, onion powder, salt, cajun seasoning. and do a couple sprinkles of meat tenderizer. do this to both sides and then put it in a baking pan that you would make a cake in and cook it depending on the rare-ness or ya know how much you want it done and how thick it is is how long you will cook it.

I dont know if you would consider it frying the meat, but I cook some red meat on a george formen grill. It drains the fat off but it stays moist and nice tasting. It makes good hamburgers and steak. Otherwise I cook it on a rack over a pan to drain the fat off in the oven with a little bit of seasoning.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Grill of bake in the oven at 350 time dependent on lb of meat.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information