Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    steph j

Is learning about Twitter and blogging more important than learning world history?

"Children will no longer study the Second World War and Queen Victoria, but instead learn about Twitter and blogging under radical plans to overhaul primary school teaching."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1164682/Exit-Winston-Churchill-enter-Twitter---Yes-new-primary-school-curriculum.html

Not sure how much of this I believe, but if true, is it really a step in the right direction?

Finch
    Blimey no.

What happens if/when we have any sort of world disaster, environmental or man made, and we have no electricity?

How will any one know how to do the simple things to keep themselves alive if they can't Google it?

It's all very well teaching kids IT stuff that they'll need in the workplace but don't let them forget what came before!

cazebaby
    Wow, theres a sign of the times. I certainly think learning history should remain an option at least.

Ollie
    I was taught History & glad of it.Maybe they could combine the 2.

*stormy*
    Oh no, we can't have our history dying out that easily.
    And lets face it kids will learn about blogging etc in their own time as they should.
    History is really interesting, my daughter has been encaptured by the WW2 history at school lately, its wrong to remove it from the sylabus.

beccal226
    no it is important to learn about history, not what joey had for breakfast sunday morning.

neither of them are important. I have no idea what twitter is but im assuming its similar to facebook and myspace making it worthless and history is just some boring stuff that happened in the past and unless your a history major its not that helpful in real life so therefor pointless.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Doubt it, children should be aware of what happened before they were born and how it effected their society today.

Ralfcoder
    People who don't learn their history are doomed to repeat it.

noddy
    umm they need to keep history, it will be very hard for them to get rid of it. i doubt they will

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information