Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Hannan Rocketta

How do I find speakers for my 99 Mazda Miata?

I am looking for some non-stock speakers for my Miata. But I do not know if I should look for them by size or what. How does it work, what do I need to know when looking for speakers and where are some good sites with speakers?

Subs too.

Can I just throw a sub behind a seat or do I need a place for it in the car, I know nothing. Please help!

Bahama121
    Unfortunately you bought a sports car that has very limited space to work with. What a lot of people have done is to purchase an Amp and a better set of speakers. The amp can boost the power and the better quality speakers will bring it more to life. A sub in a Miata is tough. Depending on what year you have of course. Some people have tried a small 8" sub in the passenger foot well. It takes up too much space in my opinion. Other have squeezed a 8-10" enclosed woofer in the trunk. I'd try the Amp and a good quality set of speakers first (same size as stock and keep them in the door). Or a more powerful deck.

Stop by your local Best Buy and there should be a computer that will get you the correct size by inputting your cars make and year model. I want to say they are 6 1/2" speakers. Listen to the size you like and choose by your taste, not by what the guy recommends. Your ear and his ear are not the same. Be sure to have them show you the Amp's and what they do to improve the speakers.
    90-93 have the ECU in the passenger foot well which robs space.
    the 94-97 have the ECU stashed behind the passenger seat.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information