let me look at their cameras? someone hit my BMW in the fry's electronics parking lot in Concord,Ca.While I was parking my car and the owners of the van or suv next to me were getting into their car. i saw their faces as i was getting out of my car, but never thought to look at their plates or anything. When i came back,after 5 minutes, i see a huge gash on my back door, driver side. right in front of the back tire. i guess, while they were angling out of the space, their bumper scraped me. i'm pretty sure they knew that they hit me, but they didn't leave any info.

i asked a loss prevention employee if they can take a look at their cameras to see if they can get a plate, but they denied me, and said you need a police report, and i called the police to see if they can come, but they said they don't do that, they said just file a report and have your insurance deal with it. i just want the person that hit me to be cited or something.

my question is:

is there some kind of law or way where i can can look at store surveillance cameras or if they can get the license plates of the person who hit me?