Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just got a letter from police saying they have photo evidence of me going through a...

...traffic light? I have asked them for photo evidence which they have not provided ans sent me relevant forms to fill in. What can I do?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you are caught in the net....do whatever you are told and pay up...get out of this ASAP..by screaming innocence all you do is get more aggravation and stress..!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you want to challenge it, keep demanding photo evidence before you pay. You have the right to see the evidence before you.

Is this letter asking you to pay $$?

Check the address, it can easily be a scam totally unrelated to your local police.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The absolute best thing you can do is not go through traffic lights. Traffic lights are installed to make sure that people stop when they are supposed to stop and proceed when they are supposed to proceed. Traffic light cameras are installed in order to catch people, such as yourself, who feel they are above the laws and do not pay attention nor feel it necessary to obey them. There are probably instructions included in the letter you received that will tell you what next steps you are to follow but I would suggest that what you can do in order to avoid this in the future is obey the traffic laws.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Alot of larger cities and town Law enforcement agencies have been putting up cameras at intersections to watch stop signs and stop lights for people going through them. Normally you would get a ticket in the mail with a picture of your vehicle doing the violation. If the photo is not provided, it will be provided at court if you choose to plead not guilty so you can see there evidence.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, I take it they're offering you a fixed penalty. You either accept it or decline, it's your choice. You cannot both accept the fpn and demand evidence. If you want to see the evidence, you decline the fixed penalty and go to Court instead. The evidence will be presented there.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Chase em up for the photo evidence, Say until you see it, They have no real proof it exists.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fill out the forms.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think there is an online site which is password accessible. You can view your photo online. You would need to ask the police for the website address.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information