Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

2009 Honda Accord VS. 2010 or 2009 Toyota Camry?

I'm buying a new car. I cannot decide which one. The camry is 2000 dollars cheaper. but money isnt whats affecting it. which one is overall better. what will last longer please help. this is for my mom who is 52
    the main thing is i want it LONG lasting. for example my current car...a mitsubishi montero sport lasted 10 years this november. but i am passing it down to my son

dawngentry
    I would go with the Honda Accord

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Get an accord COUPE. WHOO.

Both cars suck. Get a Ford Fusion, a much more fun car to drive, good on gas, and dependable. Besides, support american so that we can finally get our economy on track.

Just remember money you spend on Honda or Toyota goes to Japan...

Consumer reports rates both sedans quite highly, though the Accord narrowly beats the Camry (79-77). Here's what they say about both, along with the highs and lows of each.

Highs: Handling, transmission, ride, rear-seat room, driving position, visibility, controls, crash-test results.
    Lows: Road noise, no trip computer.

The Accord is one of the best family sedans on the market. It has a roomy cabin, agile handling, and a steady, compliant ride. Most controls are logically arranged. The driving position is excellent, the seats are supportive, and visibility is impressive. The automatic shifts very smoothly and responsively. The four-cylinder engine is smoother than some V6 engines and gets 23 mpg. The V6 model is very quick and polished, but fuel economy of 21 mpg overall isn't as good as in the previous generation. Road noise is still a bit noticeable. All models have standard stability control.

Highs: Ride, quietness, fuel economy, interior storage.
    Lows: Thigh support for some drivers, no folding rear seat on some trims

The Toyota Camry is roomy and quiet, has a comfortable ride, and is refined. Power comes from a strong 3.5-liter V6 mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. It returns 23 mpg overall, just one less than the four-cylinder. The base 2.4-liter four-cylinder is also responsive and relatively refined. A four-cylinder hybrid version returned an impressive 34 mpg overall. Handling is responsive and secure but not sporty. The interior is spacious. Curtain air bags are standard. Reliability of the four-cylinder non-hybrid and the V6 versions is average while the hybrid is well above average. The 2010 model is now on sale with a new 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine and standard stability control.

Both will have exceptional reliability and resale value. I'd advise test driving both and choose the one you like best. You can't go wrong with either, though. Good luck.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    although th Accord is a little bland and ugly, i would still prefer it over th Camry cuz it has more quality and slightly more roomier. also, Honda has th best resale value and good safety.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    although th Accord is a little bland and ugly, i would still prefer it over th Camry cuz it has more quality and slightly more roomier. also, Honda has th best resale value and good safety.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information