Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    dodges bad on rear ends and transmissions been that way for years back 60's to today ever one ive own had a trans or rear end problem you need a new rear end

imported_Iknowthisone
    The 'leaking grease' and squealing noise description certainly sounds like a bad bearing and or seal but the dropping into low gear part of it is puzzling unless you have an axle seal leaking onto your brake shoes which can cause them to bind or grab and become hot but that would not cause the vehicle to downshift. I'd say a trip to a mechanic is in order.

imported_Iknowthisone
    The 'leaking grease' and squealing noise description certainly sounds like a bad bearing and or seal but the dropping into low gear part of it is puzzling unless you have an axle seal leaking onto your brake shoes which can cause them to bind or grab and become hot but that would not cause the vehicle to downshift. I'd say a trip to a mechanic is in order.

brucetbn

dodge durange mechanical problems?

i was driving down the highway when it seamed like someone dropped my truck in low gear, the rear end was leaking grease and very hot. could this be a seal or bearing. It does make a squeal noise now

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information