Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    jessicaelbeck

i found a baby bird in my garden, found its nest in my summer house & put it in but...

...the mom isn't coming back. my mum is out in the garden doing the gardening, is this why? there was a few other baby birds in there too and they have most of their feathers.
    well it hasnt been that long, i just havent seen her yet.
    thanks guys. The mum has come back now. so all u guys who said she wouldnt. HAHA

deanwinchesterishot
    the mom won't come back because you've touched the baby bird. you put your scent on it. i'd suggest taking care of the baby bird, so it doesn't die.

animal_mad
    Observe the nest for the rest of the day but not too closely. The mother may be out getting food. If someone is outside the parent bird will wait and return when they are gone. Leave them alone for now. if they are lively and are developing it is likely they are being fed.
    The mother will not abandon them if you have touched a baby to put it back in the nest. if you interfere with the nest or move it then she may not return

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information