Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bearded Dragon acting weird, strange, peculiar. Can this be due to shedding?

I have a 1 year old male bearded dragon named Ferno. He is healthy, tame, and a super great pet. However, he started acting really strange yesterday. When I walked towards his cage he puffed out his beard and jumped toward me hissing. His entire body had turned dark in color to grey and black. Then he ran off the other direction wildy. I thought I just scared him but when I check on him a few hours later he was still very dark in color and had a crazy look in his eye. I tried to pick him up and he was wild like he did not know me. I thought maybe a warm bath would calm him down but when I took him out he decided to play dead. Even when I put him in water he would look dead (he even let his head go under the water). I knew he was okay because he would occasionally open one eye to see if I was still there. Today he was very lethargic and slow to wake up. He played the dead role each time I took him out but would act wild inside his cage. After a few soaks in water his color turned back to normal and he is starting to calm down but he still is a little spooked when I take him out and tries to hide which is really unusual because he is very tame and use to being handled. Today when I approached his cage he looked like he recognized me but started bobbing his head all crazy like. When I walked away he would stop and continue if I returned. He is being so weird. It looks like he is getting ready to shed. Does that explain his peculiar behavior? I don't think there is physically anything wrong with him, he is just acting really wacky! Everything is good in his cage (bedding, light, water, temp, food, calcium ... etc.) Has anyone else experienced this type of behavior during shedding?

macka
    hmm take him to a vet

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information