Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

This philosopher argues everything ends in self contradiction-What you think?

This philosopher colin leslie dean argues everything ends in self contradiction-What you think

http://gamahucherpress.yellowgum.com/books/philosophy/contentlessthought.pdf

"all our concepts, all our categories, all our ideas, all theses, all antitheses, all philosophies, all epistemologies, all ethics, all ontologies, and all metaphysics, in other words all our views are meaningless. They all collapse into absurdity, or meaninglessness ie self -contradiction"
    Contentless thought: case study in the meaninglessness of all views

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will give you a qoute from Socrates: I am the wisest man in the world for I freely admit that with all I know, I know nothing at all.

Even back then Socrates was saying that most of what we will ever know as human beings is uncertain. Our reality is not that real after all.

I used to argue with my friend over certainty of many principles. I would always come out uncertain at the end. To say we know something for sure will be the end of us, as later on we would have made a fool out of ourselves. That is what Colin Leslie Dean is trying to say. But I will disagree with him on a few points:

1. I am sure I exist,
    2. The universe does exist,
    Because I think and communicate and the universe thinks and communicates back.
    3. Who can argue against cause and effect philosophy?
    4. Who can argue against constant change and evolution? You show me something made of matter that does not change, and I will salute you.

Overall the majority of things we know end up in self contradiction. But not all of them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information