Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Happy Bullet

Why should I care about feminists whining about breast cancer when feminism causes it?

81-PERCENT INCREASE IN BREAST CANCER SINCE 1971
    http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2006-09/29/content_5154954.htm

"Having fewer children before the age of 30, early menarche, late menopause and being obese or overweight after menopause are said to be all factors behind the increase."

[ Children before 30 and breast feeding is THE primary means of preventing breast cancer. ]

http://info.cancerresearchuk.org/cancerstats/types/breast/incidence/

The incidence of breast cancer has been increasing for many years in economically developed countries. Over the twenty year period 1984-2003 the incidence rate increased by 51%

[ Coincides with feminism nicely again ]

Breast cancer incidence rates vary considerably, with the highest rates in the developed world and the lowest rates in Africa and Asia.

[ No feminists in Africa and Asia ]

Why should I care if they get breast cancer? Shouldn't "independent women" accept (not to mention finance) the consequences of their own actions?
    Incidentally, some of the people answering don't realise that feminism is the reason two incomes are now required to support a family, so feminism is still to blame if the reason is "economic".

And you women's studies people are hysterical, you have very bad tempers. The substance of the posts below appears to be insults.

As usual, nobody can logically disprove that "feminism causes breast cancer", even if it doesn't cause 100% of the cases it is what is behind the rise in incidents, so quite frankly feminists can fund their own breast cancer treatment programs.

Best question ever though!

Powered by Yahoo Answers

answer faerie
    "No feminists in Africa and Asia"

what a load of crap. and I know feminists who had children before they were 30, and breastfed them.

Powered by Yahoo Answers

Iris
    Did you ever stop to think that not all women choose to be childless or to bottle feed? No one chooses early menarche, I'm sure.

The reason cancer rates are so high in the developed world is pollution and food additives, not feminism.

Our cat got breast cancer. Was she a feminist?

Powered by Yahoo Answers

paswami
    Breast cancer , or any cancer for that matter is a very serious issue, as far as your numers go i guess it depends what study your looking at, what most people don't realize is that many of the women who get breast cancer do so just to get sympathy and money out of men. they don't realize they would be better off going out ang getting a job.

Powered by Yahoo Answers

0-velocity
    What u say: It's not scientific. It's lumberjack logic.

Powered by Yahoo Answers

lozatron
    Dude

Have you been having vodka on your cornflakes again? Two very high-level points for you:

ONE) Women giving birth to children later is nothing to do with feminism and everything to do with money. As countries get richer, women give birth later in life - for whatever reason this seems to be a universal rule. Look at Germany and Italy, two European countries as far from the ideal of sexual equalilty as you can get.

TWO) Whether or not you're a feminist (and I would certainly be unlikely to be called one) losing loved ones to cancer is a terrible, horrible thing and if we can prevent certain types of cancer occuring in our communities through certain actions that is a very good thing.

Good luck and I hope it gets better being you!

L