Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you guys think hating a guy on ur sports team means you are not a fan of the team?

I asked that if any lakers fan hate luke and i got one answer that says that i am "obviously not a lakers fan". Yes luke has had some good moments but usually plays bad and only gets a few good passes.

SK.22.â„¢
    Well, I used to hate Hedo, and now he's off our team, thank goodness.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    nah some people really don't deserve to get paid to play

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, not at all. I've been a lifelong Pacers fan. I hate the Tin Man(Jamaal Tinsley). I hated shawne williams when he was here. I hated david Harrison, when he was here. I hated stephen jackson when he was here. I hate virtually every 2nd round pick we make(usually european projects who we never see).

SLC
    I HATE BOOZER AND AK47 SO ITS ALL GOOD TO HATE A PLAYER BUT NOT THE TEAM

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What up Mark,

i don't think it makes you not a fan of your team. i really disliked Kwame Brown and Smush Parker when they were on the Lakers (i never rooted for them to miss shots when they played) but i was continually frustrated by their play.

i can say the same often of Luke Walton. i think Mitch locked him into a bad contract which will be hard to get rid of. Obviously if we can package him in a trade it would be nice to get rid of someone who we really over-payed for- but that'll be tough because Luke functions well in the triangle and has his moments but i don't see him being able to contribute very much anywhere else.

Nickster

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hating in sports is not civilized. Save that for Nazis, child molesters and such.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are different kinds of fans. There are the type that epitomize the term "fanatic" who cannot stand to hear anything negative about their favorite team and players. Then there are the negative fans, who root for their team, but what comes out of their mouth most is complaints and other negative comments. Then, I'd argue, there's a third type of fan, one who strives for balance and rational thinking. One who attempts to not be blinded by fanaticism, or be overcome by anxiety and negativity, but instead tries to see his favorite team for what it is, both the good and the bad.

I try to be the third kind, and I'd say you probably are too.

That being said, I think you are being a little overly critical of Luke Walton. He's just not as good as most people think he is, but what he does bring is often overlooked. He's a good passer, pretty good in the low post when matched up against smaller players, and does a lot of little things that help the team. He's overpaid, but is a solid 7th or 8th man, and I think he had a good run in the playoffs.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are different kinds of fans. There are the type that epitomize the term "fanatic" who cannot stand to hear anything negative about their favorite team and players. Then there are the negative fans, who root for their team, but what comes out of their mouth most is complaints and other negative comments. Then, I'd argue, there's a third type of fan, one who strives for balance and rational thinking. One who attempts to not be blinded by fanaticism, or be overcome by anxiety and negativity, but instead tries to see his favorite team for what it is, both the good and the bad.

I try to be the third kind, and I'd say you probably are too.

That being said, I think you are being a little overly critical of Luke Walton. He's just not as good as most people think he is, but what he does bring is often overlooked. He's a good passer, pretty good in the low post when matched up against smaller players, and does a lot of little things that help the team. He's overpaid, but is a solid 7th or 8th man, and I think he had a good run in the playoffs.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hating in sports is not civilized. Save that for Nazis, child molesters and such.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information