I’ve worked in a cafe for 3 years & I feel there is a bit of unfairness with the tips. There are 2 teams making up 10 of us & in that there are 2 managers.
We get tips everyday which are put in a tip bowl, at the end of the day the tips are put into a tin & when the main manager is in she banks them in an account which she then deals out at Christmas.
Nobody else is allowed to see the bank account, she keeps it to herself. When the tips are dealt out she tells you not to tell anyone what you’ve got to keep it fair.
If you leave during the year for whatever reason like moving on or maternity you don’t get anything!
Last year a girl worked there for 7 months & she got £20, I had been there for 2 & a half years & got £100
On a bad day we get £2 - £3 but on a good day we get anything from £5 - £10, we are open 362 days of the year & at Christmas we get big tips from regular costumers.
Its a small business theres no union, staff come to me about this, but I don’t know what to do.
I have been there the longest apart from the 2 managers, but I have no say they make that clear.
Supposedly the manager brought a wide screen TV with her Christmas money, but im not sure.

What can I do?

can i do anything?