Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes. for all shots, you want your hands to just be along for the ride. Don't try to actively move them, or manipulate your hands in the release.

Do you see how a pro gets their clubs shaft parallel to the ground (most notably with the driver) at the top of their swing? That's because their wrists are fully cocked and their body has rotated fully around their spine... the hands are still in front of (and their arms are connected to) their chest.

You could be having inconsistencies at impact because of this. If you're changing things in the middle of your downswing, your impact position will be different every time, causing the different types of contact.

Grant Z

swinging with your body, not arms?

im swinging my pitching wedge in the yard hitting balls and when i feel the downswing pulling up like lifting, im using to much hands cuz there to synchronized with the body. but if i let the body go and the hands follow, will i get crisp divots like hitting into the ground cause my hands just follow? i have had trouble thining it or fat because i have been using to much hands on my swing. is this true?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your short-game swing shouldn't have much hand-motion as that would make distance consistency hard. Just "lead" your club with your hands but don't add too much 'umpth' on the downswing.
    Hope this helps

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    NO just balance it out so that the swing and contact of the ball are solid. once you found that work on that consistency.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information