I just graduated from the University of Houston with a literature major and business administration minor. I entered college with plans to double major in English and Business, but the business advisor told me to graduate with one degree and apply for JD with a dual degree. I agreed with the advisor. I would pursue JD and MBA together (it was always my intention to get both). So, I dropped the business major and completed my undergraduate education in three years instead. I graduated magna cum laude. I wasn't very active on campus (member of Sigma Tau Delta and played recreational soccer only). I mostly studied, volunteered and worked. I was an intern for a financial firm my first year. My second and last year I worked as a realtor. Open houses and driving around clients and books are a reflection of my last two years. Now, I'm taking my fourth year to study and apply to law school. Well, I keep hearing that my chance of acceptance to Columbia law school is low because of the school I attended and my gpa isn't a 3.75 or above. Also, I'm told that even if my gpa was higher I would be overlooked because of the school I attended. What if I get an lsat score of 168 and above? Do I have a chance? Any chance?
Efrverv, does it make you feel better to tell people to suck what you lack