Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a 1999 Grand am security light flashes will not start?

I can play with the door locks for about 15 to 20 minuites finely resets and car starts well its starting to do this more often getting to be a pain in the butt what can I do to fix the problem is there some kind of a security switch or something

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It sounds like something in your security system has gone hay-wire. Maybe some of the wiring has come loose or a fuse blew. I don't know where exactly the security system is in your car, but in my brother's it was located under the carpet under the passengers seat and could be shut off by disconnecting it. Although, not sure if that's a good idea. Your car might completely cease working if the security system is disconnected (some sort of fail-safe to impede car jackers)

I'd check all the fuses associated with security. Heck, check all the fuses not associated with security, you never know just what might be wired where. If that doesn't work get it to a shop or dealership, they should be able to help you out more than I can

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information