Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can someone please HELP with my 87 honda accord lx?

Ok so i have a 1987 Honda accord Lx that is carbureted, it has 107,000 miles on it. So what happened first was the car quit running completely in the beginning of September it shut off while driving down the road. 20 parts later and after we rebuilt the distributor and replaced many other parts the car now starts
    BUT!!!!
    will not go over 10MPH i don't know whats wrong with it and neither does anyone else could someone please please please help me. I dont know what else to do and i cant afford to keep replacing parts to find out what it is.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sounds like the distributor is not timed correctly or the carb is not giving it the right amount of fuel and air.this particular had issues with the vacuum lines, for as you might know there are many of them. You might want to get a vacuum line diagram and make sure that thay a re routed rightalso they had what they call a fuel heater.It is under the carb, and is like a small electric plate with honeycomb like air venturies that heat up using electrical power, and sometimes the honeycombs get melted, and block off the air flow.
    have you done a compression test?anything lower than 120 is a weak reading. try making sure the timing is right.
    You can loosen the distributor where the bolts are snug, and have a helper start the car and rotate the distributor slightly to see if the engine runs better. if the engine dies, you went the wrong way. If thats not it, try the others I mentioned
    good luck

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information