Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Think before following

Debating a Creationist?

Do any of you feel as I do when debating origins of life with a creationists?

It is like debating with a 5 year old kid who has strong faith in Santa Clause, and 'knows' he exists due to the fairy tale and what his parents told him/her.

When you tell them there is no Santa and that you can prove it by showing where the toys are made in China, not the North Pole, they just deny it and say that the Grinch sent you.

Does anyone else feel the same thing when debating creationists....Here is all the evidence for evolution, and they say Satan is deceiving us?

When we know that their is no real evidence for Santa, the Grinch, God or Satan...

Terrorize!
    Evolutionist: *shows all the evidences on evolution*

Creationist: Genesis 1:1, In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

Evolutionist: No! *demonstrates how evolution happened*

Creationist: Don't you dare disagree what is written on the Bible! It's the word of God! Hahaha! I WIN!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If the other party does not agree to debate you have no argument. They will never agree even on what the term "debate" means . . . let alone what the rules would be . . . .you can not change the view of a person who's mind is closed to logic, truth, honesty and reality . . . . any more than they, with all their hypocrisy, arrogance and wishful thinking will ever change yours . . . .

Give it a rest . . . . I invite you to come to the philosophy site. Of late there have been some very honest forthright and open conversations about things that actually are important (like R&S there is a great deal of nonsense as well, but there is very little in the way of mindless rant by comparison).

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ....Santa's not real? *cries in a corner*

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No Grinch?

You, sir, have gone too far now.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I heard a better analogy:

"Debating creationists on the topic of evolution is rather like trying to play chess with a pigeon; it knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory."

- Scott D. Weitzenhoffer

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That sums it up...

Ex-creationist

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah...I feel the same way you do about this matter.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Some atheists say that they were born atheist, or was something else first, but when we're born we are a blank slate. A person has to be old enough to gain a concept of what God is before they can decide either way and come to a conclusion on whether or not there is a god.

A child has to be at least 2 years old or so before they have the capacity to grasp who Santa Clause is. Some children believe in Santa Clause or in God for years, (You cannot see either being) but with God that belief often lasts... even through adulthood.

I am not saying God and Santa are the same thing. I am afterall a Christian/Catholic (was raised Mormon) and do embrace all Christian paths... although it is in a manner that lots of people don't understand because I see more simularities than differences across the board. Nor should the differences separate but enrich us and draw us together.

I do not however think satan is deceiving anyone when it comes to evidence for evolution. I personally do not know any christians that think that, but I'm sure there must be some, because it doesn't seem that you would just make that up. I agree with you that it helps no one to just ignore evidence for anything.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Some atheists say that they were born atheist, or was something else first, but when we're born we are a blank slate. A person has to be old enough to gain a concept of what God is before they can decide either way and come to a conclusion on whether or not there is a god.

A child has to be at least 2 years old or so before they have the capacity to grasp who Santa Clause is. Some children believe in Santa Clause or in God for years, (You cannot see either being) but with God that belief often lasts... even through adulthood.

I am not saying God and Santa are the same thing. I am afterall a Christian/Catholic (was raised Mormon) and do embrace all Christian paths... although it is in a manner that lots of people don't understand because I see more simularities than differences across the board. Nor should the differences separate but enrich us and draw us together.

I do not however think satan is deceiving anyone when it comes to evidence for evolution. I personally do not know any christians that think that, but I'm sure there must be some, because it doesn't seem that you would just make that up. I agree with you that it helps no one to just ignore evidence for anything.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information