Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i have aT&T w/ a family plan. i want to buy a tmobile SidekickLX or a verizon...

...wireless enV3. PLEASE READ MORE!? If I buy the tmobile sidekick or verizon enV, do i have to get the contract, or can i just put the AT&T simcard in one of those phones?
    Yes, you can get a Sidekick 2 SIM-unlocked. There are many places on the internet that will unlock a Sidekick 2. The problem you are going to encounter, however, is that once you get this device unlocked, it may not work properly on the AT&T network. The reason is because the Sidekick 2 is a tri-band device and only has one US band (1900 MHz) for use in the US. AT&T requires both US GSM bands (1900 and 850) and since this device does not have the ability to use the 850 band, you may not get service in certain areas with AT&T. I would suggest contacting AT&T and asking them if the area you live in uses both the 1900 and 850 band and if they say that it does, then I wouldn't suggest using the Sidekick 2 on their network. The Sidekick 3 is also a tri-band device, so it's no better. The Sidekick iD works on both US bands, as an FYI.

i found thiss . && it was kind of confusing . does this mean the sidekick willl work for me or not ?
    TO BRANDON. dont fucking tell me to fucking learn my shit . im not a fucking technologist DUMBASS . FUCKING STUDYING TO BE A POLICE OFFICER .
    && I DIDNT FUCKING ASK FOR RUDE ASS COMMENTS . AND NO SIDEKICKS DONT SUCK CUZ A BUNCH OF MY FRIENDS HAVE GOTTEN THEM AND IVE USED THEIRS AND THEY ALL WORK PERFECTLY .

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well you would have to go online and find out if those phones have the proper bands to run them, IE let's say if ATT's band was 1900, youd have to see if the phone you want supports it. IF they support it you have to get the phone unlocked. So in short No they won't but if the bands are supported and you have the phones unlocked then yes. Personally if I were you I would just get the iphone, the Sidekick is fun and all but its gets old, and the enV phones in general have a shoddy design (everyone I know with an EnV2 or EnV3 has had it replaced a few times)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Verizon Wireless does not use a sim card, so the enV3 will not work on your AT&T family plan.
    The Sidekick 2, as the article states, might work but it will not have great service. Actually, you might not have any service. Also the phone will be unlocked and if any problems arise with it, AT&T will not be able to help you in anyway nor will T-Mobile.
    The Sidekick however has a prepaid plan that you might want to look into...depending on whether you're more of a talker or a texter/emailer, it might be worth checking out. It only costs $30 a month for unlimited data/text and then you just recharge it with minutes whenever you run low. It's T-Mobile service but there is no contract that you're stuck in just in case you find it doesn't work for you. The phone if you buy used on eBay or something (what you'd have to do anyway for an unlocked phone) would be basically the same price as well.
    Whatever you want to do...I know, the phone companies can be a real pain sometimes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information