Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is it worth the extra money to get a blackberry?

I am with Verizon, I have an Env2 now...but want to upgrade to a blackberry tour. You can't get a blackberry without the blackberry plan...it ends up costing $15 MORE a month. Is it worth it?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Blackberry devices are over-rated and the "hip" thing for kids. If you need enterprise email, BB is the best current choice, followed closely by Android, but for the average consumer, they are a poor choice. The selection of apps and games is limited, over-priced, an sluggish. The BB browser is terrible compared to any other smart-phone platform such as Android, Palm Pre/Pixi, and even the iphone.

If you are going to get something that requires an unlimited data plan for $30 a month, the only 2 phones Verizon currently has that you should even consider are the Motorola Droid, or the Droid Eris.

20,000+ apps, 3000 new ones a month hitting the Market, 2/3 of them are free, great web browser, and Verizon does not disable the GPS units like they do on their blackberry units, just to name a few advantages.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Blackberry devices are over-rated and the "hip" thing for kids. If you need enterprise email, BB is the best current choice, followed closely by Android, but for the average consumer, they are a poor choice. The selection of apps and games is limited, over-priced, an sluggish. The BB browser is terrible compared to any other smart-phone platform such as Android, Palm Pre/Pixi, and even the iphone.

If you are going to get something that requires an unlimited data plan for $30 a month, the only 2 phones Verizon currently has that you should even consider are the Motorola Droid, or the Droid Eris.

20,000+ apps, 3000 new ones a month hitting the Market, 2/3 of them are free, great web browser, and Verizon does not disable the GPS units like they do on their blackberry units, just to name a few advantages.

.......*.........
    I am also with Verizon and just had this exact same conversation with a sales rep and they said that it wasn't worth it and it's actually $30 dollars a month extra!! I thought that was insane but then I thought maybe the blackberrys are worth it because everybody I know that has one raves about it. I made a pro's and con's list and ended up picking the LG ENV touch.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You will be paying at minimum 29.99 for a data plan and 44.99 for corporate email data plan that is just for email and web access. If you don't plan on doing too much of that I would go with the env3.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information