Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    ComputerPerson

How do you program a Motorola Radio?

We have about 8 Motorola GP340 radios which do not seem to do anything except make loud beeps. If you put them all on channel 1, and press the talk button, nothing happens, no sound is heard or anything. I suppose I need to program them? I have found some ancient Windows 98 software but i'm not sure if this is the correct thing to use. The software is Motorola Professional GP300 CPS, which doesnt seem to do much when I have it plugged in. I am using a USB to Serial adaptor.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Many Motorola radios required a radio interface box (RIB) to be programmed. You probably also need the exact program. If you can't read the programming in the radio with the program you have you won't be able to program with it. The dxportal site below has GP340 software. The USB to serial adaptor may not be right and causing the read/write problem. You can also get a USB cable that claims not to need a RIB interface. The second link below leads to a list of USB cables for the GP340. I see it wrapped funny. Make sure you get the whole link or you can find them on eBay.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Many Motorola radios required a radio interface box (RIB) to be programmed. You probably also need the exact program. If you can't read the programming in the radio with the program you have you won't be able to program with it. The dxportal site below has GP340 software. The USB to serial adaptor may not be right and causing the read/write problem. You can also get a USB cable that claims not to need a RIB interface. The second link below leads to a list of USB cables for the GP340. I see it wrapped funny. Make sure you get the whole link or you can find them on eBay.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information