Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Eden

I have Proven Mold in my apartment, how do I break lease?

a month ago I found mold growing in a room of our house. we have been here a total of 3 months. we called the managment company, and they claimed nothing was wrong. they prayed something on the wall and said it was gone. I kept calling them and telling them that no it has not gone, and they need to test for mold. so finally after a month they had an inspector in to run test. they found stachybotrys on the swap test, as well as high levels in the air of the home. They now come to me and state they are taking this seriously and are going to get someone in the remove it as well as sanitize everything. I have family visiting for a reunion, as well as work and have a life. I cannot go through all this, I want to leave. How do I get out of my lease with out them giving me a bad reference, and I want my security deposit back
    Sorry (prayed) is suppose to be sprayed

A_Kansan
    Oh stop whining about this.

There is mold in EVERY SINGLE HOUSE period.

Take some cleaner with bleach in it, and clean the mold. The bleach will kill it and it will not come back.

I can't tell you how many times I've had to clean a property of mold because of the way the tenant lived.

Mold is caused my moisture. I've seen tenants close off one room in the winter to cut utility costs. When they enter that room while it is cold, moisture will rush into it. They then close it back up, trapping the moisture in the room. Usually mold will form behind something next to the wall, dresser, box, etc., because it takes time to warm that area up and evaporate the moisture that formed on the wall.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information