Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It can not be viewed on any other computer while it is still a project (not published). The reason for this is that as a project the program accesses the files you used in the project from your pictures folder and music folder (or where ever you got the files from) on your hard drive but they are not actually copied until it is published. When you view the project on your computer it is going to the folders on your computer to use the files.
    Likewise if you move files you used in the project you wouldn't be able to view the project on your own computer either because the windows movie maker would not be able to find them where it remembers them being located.
    EDIT-There is a file path that the project remembers to access the files ie C/you/videos/file name.
    If the path is not exactly the same then the project can't find the files.
    Edit-Ashley it would be a lot of work if it is even possible at all to view the project on another computer. It would be easier to publish as a wmv and save to the flash drive if it isn't too large. You could still save the project for future editing.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help opening a Windows Movie Maker rough cut off of flash drive.?

I put my rough cut of a windows movie maker video onto my flash drive to show a friend and tried to open it on a different computer and it said that Windows could not open the file. Any thoughts?
    It is saved as a project. All of the video clips are also saved on the flash drive and will not play the video.
    I did not move the files, I copied them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information