Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Kellyann8963

What are steps on how to become a famous pop singer?

I live in South Florida <closest city Miami> and have written about half a dozen of my own pop songs and am in the process of making more. I want to become a famous singer but have no idea on how to start or at least try!! I was mostly wondering if I should make my own shows and how to get attention from others. Also, I dont have any band members except myself and dont have a lot of money to buy tons of music equipment. Any advice. BTW, I am 19.

Jumpyham6730

Hhm.......

1. Don't give up.

2. Write good songs.

Also keep in mind that it may take a while, which is why I included num. 1.

One way would be to check around and see if there is a dinner and a show thing in your area, or you could just jump into it and preform locally, such as a shopping center.
    A good idea would be to put up a classified ad in your Local Newspaper, asking for band auditions.
    As long as you keep on trying, you'll be fine.

NicoleAnderson

I wanna be famous too, once u know how tell me..

J Locket

Sell your soul... But seriously, youtube is a really good place to start. Get tons of subscribers and friends on there. Then make a myspace fan page where you'll feature your music. If you are any good, it should not be too difficult.

Jacob6120

Step 1. Talent

Step 2. Get lucky

Do not say that

It is hard to live from music. Maybe impossible. You can actually achieve something with a lot of luck but famous... forget it better. It is very competitive and the record companies are not very friendly towards new artists. I would suggest you do it via education. Just found that
    http://michaelwillow.com/2009/05/02/how-can-i-make-it-in-the-music-industry/
    Also myspace helps and set up your own site.

Star-Starlit3

well...to be honest...it takes a lot of work...you need to practice often...get singing lessons...practice till your singing voice is at its perfection!-"practice makes perfect"...
    also, the more you know, the better...do you know how to play an instrument, it can help, especially if you don't have a band, just play that one instrument good, and get people to help you with the rest...then...with your songs, make sure you didn't copy off of other stars...if they notice it to be VeRy familiar...they won't take it...it has to be different and unique...so that people will say "I L<3Ve this style, and i can ONLY get it from her!"
    then make a demo...go to a recording studio...there should be one near by, where you live, and you record your songs, play em back, make em perfect...the send it...BUT MAKE SURE U PUT ALL OF UR INFO ON IT!-including email, phone number, full name, EVERYTHING!
    and watch out for scams...b4 u even think about a demo...i almost forgot...one of the most major things...get yourself known...go to karaoke nights, school chorus, etc...sometimes, people from a company will stay there, and look out for good talent-But Watch Out For Scams!!!-and also one more thing i should mention, after all that, b4 u send out ur demo, ur gonna need a manager...they won't take it unless if you've gotta manager...and watch out for managers who only want the money, YES, you'll need to invest...but if they first they want is for you to pay up front, Watch Out!-it could be a scam!!!
    then after that...you play at gigs, they put up ads...and get you to play performances a lot...they want talent, entertainment, confidence, independence, and intelligence, to know whats right, to do your job right, and sing ur heart out...and write catchy songs...and the more popular u get...the more money you end up getting...You Could Ge Millions Of Dollars!!!-but it depends on how popular...you need to find your style, you need to pick from pop, country, rock, etc...-but since u chose pop, there u go!-do be another *insert ur fave singer here*, but instead, be the first and best *insert your name here* you can be, and people will L<3Ve u 4 that-Good Luck<333 ;D

p.s. just 4 the heck of it, do u kno how to dance...especially hip-hop...when doing music videos...dancing makes it even more popular-at least that's what i think...and as i've said, the more you kno, the better...they like that stuff...dancing, playing an instrument, and it all adds up...but the main thing IS singing-[duh!-lol]-->ttyl!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information