Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Rainstorm Jenny

The Medical Health Thread #2

Thanks I actually just saw fish oil caps at the store I went to. I will have to go back and buy them.

Lemurian

Maybe it would help doing some stretching exercises before hiking next time.

In the meantime, alternating cold and warm packs should help ease the muscle tension. :hug:

LucyLemon

Thanks. If it carries on, I'll ask mum to get me some magnesium supplements.

Addison Montgomery

You're welcome, hun :back_hug:

Daph

I agree. Doctors (and patients too, we must admit) are quick to jump to medication to treat everything and anything these days...

navami

Massaging helps sore shoulders and cold pad or ice in a bag will help. After that a warm pad will do wonders overall.

Rainstorm Jenny

Thanks Lem :hug: I think I might have to visit the doctor because I feel like they are getting worse. I feel like sometimes Im not in control of my body anymore and it makes me on edge and nervous and feels like I am going to lose my mind constantly with uncontrollable, irrational thoughts to the point where I feel dysfunctional.

~+Yamiko

I had leg cramps from a hike a couple of days ago. Although that's gone now, I'm now having muscle sores on both shoulders.

Lemurian

If your headaches are continuous, your doctor should do some sort of tests. Offering medication really isn't enough.

Lemurian

Get another medical opinion. If you're having pain and aches, don't just chalk it up to tension or to anxiety. Some illnesses like fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue have symptoms of both aches and anxiety. Keep asking until someone can give you some answers. If you have symptoms, you need to know why. When you hurt, you need help. :hug:

For years, there were doctors who told me that my problems were all in my head. (And, yes, I have anxiety issues as well.) One doctor even insisted that I go to psychotherapy before he would test me for anything. I did it, and the therapist very wisely told me that I wasn't ill because I was depressed but that I was depressed because I was ill; there's a real difference there. It took awhile but I got an actual diagnosis; and having a diagnosis can help you know how to fight for your health.

There are some medical conditions that can only be diagnosed through differential diagnosis (that's when they can't actually test but they just have to rule everything else out) so be sure to keep copies of all your medical records.

Don't give up. And don't let anyone tell you that it's all in your head. :hug:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information