Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Z140 Games

scott202
    scott202
's Avatar

Z140 Games

Hi, I'm new and so i'm sorry if i have double posted or not. I used the search function but couldn't find any answers.

I was jus wondering if it is possible to transfer games to my samsung z140v via USB carble or IRDA

The files (both Jad and Jar types) transfer sucessfully to the "Other" folder but upon trying to open them nothing happens.

I read somewhere how to transfer games to a Samsung D500. I tried to use this method but when it came to this step:Enable Serial Java download - #*536963#
    procceded by 2. Enter Serial Java menu #*5737425#, and choose USB

None of these codes seemed to work

Is there another "Enable Serial Java download" code that can be used or do i need to go about putting games on my phone another way??

(i apploagise if i have double posted or posted on the wrong forum - i am new and havn't yet found my way around)

ticma
    ticma
's Avatar

Z140 Games

I think not possible. First you must reinstal firmware on your mob because Vodafon firmware that you have has java upload blockade.
    You can try enable java upload with these codes, but I assume that your attempt will be futile. I have same mob and yet I didnt find answer to question "How upload java games withou reinstall firmware".

*#123580# ,after you enter Test Mode press:
    ->1->8->6 (Upload function)

ferod
    ferod
's Avatar

Z140 Games

http://www.mobstorage.com/?p=upload-file Uplaod the .jar game file to there.. Then use wap to go to it and download the game..

Tested and works for z140. I got might and magic and loads of other games for free .

ticma
    ticma
's Avatar

Z140 Games

Thanks for link, it works, but for me it is expensive way to upload game on mob. Uploading 120kb game on mob via wap cost in Croatia 1 Euro.
    With mob I get USB cabel, but I must change firmware before I can use it for uploading java.

scott202
    scott202
's Avatar

Z140 Games

ok thanks for your help ticma

i entered the test mode but it wont let me enable upload

may i ask what fake security and thermister are

i will try that ferod if i cannot get it to work any other way.

because i have a vodafone and can get vodafone mail, do you think it would be possible to email myself games as attachments?

UPDATE: i tried that site but it costs almost

ferod
    ferod
's Avatar

Z140 Games

Only other thing is to flash your phone then.. That's what I ended up doing cos of pay as you go.. Spent my

scott202
    scott202
's Avatar

Z140 Games

what are the possible side effects of flashing my phone???

what does it actually involve and what are the benefits?

ferod
    ferod
's Avatar

Z140 Games

Not a clue.. My first time even unlocking my own phone.. Although there are benefits such as you can update to the latest firmware which fixes some of the phones bugs.. And if you want you can debrand the phone and get rid of all the vodafone customization.. You can also later on customize the firmware yourself.. Change the loadup screen and stuff.. Make it look **** if you want :|.

scott202
    scott202
's Avatar

Z140 Games

are there any GOOD tutorials on how to do this floating about either on this site or the web?

ok so i have been messing around with the test menu and gone into

[9] common > [6] USB config > and got the option to select

[1] Samsung USB
    [2] Qualcomm USB

Option 1 is selected so i chose option 2

it says to reconnect the phone so i have done so - windows xp came up with that installing new hardware box and i dont seem to have the drivers for "data interface"

The wierd thing is there are 2 seperate "data interface" drivers are searched for. PC studio 2.1 doesn't work with this Qualcomm USB because there are no drivers

does anyone know of any drivers or seperate suites that are needed to access the Qualcomm USB mode?

ethrellik
    ethrellik
's Avatar

Z140 Games

no, just set it back.
    strange, afther setting back pc studio work perfect..
    i send games to the directory "other files" (i'm dutch, "Overige Bestanden" was the name )
    but now is the clue to install the files... anyone???

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information