Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Nimiq 1

Bell TV: Moving to another home questions

If your current setup only has 2 lines, one from each LNBF, then the 9200 cannot be running correctly. If you do a "Check Switch" if MUST fail.

The SW44 NEEDS all 4 inputs to work correctly to give reception from both orbital locations.

SW44's will work with 2 inputs from the same LNBF but will then only work as a regular SW24.

Every tuner needs it's own feed with the Legacy LNBF's and Swithch's they use.

james99

Cogeco has PVR and non-PVR HD boxes for rent and/or buy.

If the dish and cable remains in place, can't he just buy a STB and plug it in with having somebody come down?

Sniper18

Hi everyone;
    I am currently in the proccess of moving, and I was wondering if I require to take my SW44 switch with me or is this something the bell install guy gives me when he does the install at my new address? The reason I ask is becuase I was talking with two different CSR's on the phone, and they both gave me different answers.

The first CSR (when I called to schedule my move) said I require to take it. I then called back yesterday because I found out my SW44 switch is installed on the back of the dish (the bell install guy did this) and it would be a pain in the ass to get up there and take it down to bring with me (but seeing how bell charges like $150 for it, I would find a way on my roof!). So when I was talking with the CSR that time and explained that the bell guy installed it on the back of the dish she told me not to worry about it, leave the SW44 with the dish and I will get a new one (free?) when I get the dish installed at my new address.

Who should I beleive?

taxtwit

What I meant is that if you've got single tuner HD boxes like 6100/6142s, you get SW21s as part of the move promotion. If you have a dual tuner HD box, you'll get a SW44.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

1. What do you mean "external wiring for satellite". Generally speaking you can't use the internal cable and would need to run some lines.
    2. Its called a multiswitch and yes you will need one. See the installation guides in these forums for more details.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wow, no kidding, I had the system installed by Bell and they only ran two lines.

So, on the dish on our new house, I need two LNB's on there, each with two lines running into the SW44?

thanks,
    brad.

Rich Chambers

What I like about BEV is the HD lineup which seems much superior to Cogeco or my current Rogers offering.

HD is pretty much all we watch, except for Food-Tv and my wife likes HGTV...

TJ77

I'm quite sure you do have to take the switch with you.Actually I think your suppose to take the additional LNB also if you have the Nimiq2 upgrade. It would be best to take it to be sure.

Pinza

Not always. If you have a 6100 & 3 x 3100's you would get an SW44.

The Technicians get paid to install an SW44 they get ZERO for a pair of SW21's even though there are almost the same number of connectors and amount of work involved. Which do you think the Tech will choose.?

spun14

Likly be charged on your next bill. The installer has to submit the paper work and then it gets invoiced. Make sure its correct as well. I had issues with being billed for the reciever as well as the additional lines run when i moved and it took forever to get it sorted out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information