Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    CORRY20

Bell Express sues Canam Satellites

I am a usa subscriber that had Bell express found out today that Bell express is suing Canam Satellites which is the broker that keeps the usa address and gives it a Canadian address. Bell gets paid and I can't believe their is that big of a marked for Canadian satellites.I'm really unhappy not being able to get Leafs tv being a big leaf fan and CBC.I contacted the FCC and ask if I went ahead and get a Canadian satellite they said no problem.I just wonder why Bell is suing when they are getting paid.

i hate tv

Who knows
    Maybe Canam is setting up accounts for 6 receivers, and selling them 1 to each customer??? Charging each customer $75, for close to $500....
    If you have a Canadian billing address, just use that, although you may have a hard timer activating that receiver...

trainwalker

Hmmm...

Could it have anything to do with the fact the Bell is not licensed to provide services outside of Canada?

Sure, the satellites may be available (spot beams) in the US. But the only legal spot to decrypt those signals is on Canadian soil. Bell has no business licenses or broadbast rights for the USA, Bell also does not pay taxes to the US Government as any business down there would have too.

Not to say some receivers aren't going to slip through the cracks and be down in the US. Theres probably thousands down there. If you don't want to get caught, get yourself a P.O. Box if you live near the border instead of going through a broker that will hand over there records when they get busted.

peano

Bell is mainly after Canam because they offered grey market US DBS to Canadians. Bell cannot stand Canadians having access to a quality DBS provider. They are searching out every single broker that offers Directv and Dish Network and are suing them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information