Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
    Bent But

What is the latest on Nimiq 4?

N4 is going to 82. N2 will remain at 82 as an inorbit spare for 91/82. This is required as DTV has focused on launching Ka band satellites recently and as a result there are no more DTV dbs band junkyard dogs available to act as backups.

As Hugh said, it is cheaper to for Expressvu to upgrade to mpeg4 @82 with N4 than to go to a triple lnbf setup with an elliptical dish. That's why the N4 footprint will be different from N2.

N5 will have a different footprint than N4 in order to meet Telesat's contract with DTV for 1/2 the bandwidth on N5 @72.5

carl033

Bell's logic escapes me. Although they are not sympathetic to those in the US receiving their signals, they are more than willing to cash their monthly checks. If indeed there is a significant loss of revenue, it'll be interesting to see what action they will take. Meanwhile, I'll continue to be a happy Star Choice subscriber here in the Southern Provinces.

OnlineLC

I am using the 55cm (22 inch) Dish that came with the system.

I recently had some painters so there may be some re-optimization which I will look at this weekend.

I may wait a week or two to see what happens and then maybe see if a 90 cms dish might help further.

DaveFormula

Merve04...

It is for the French language programming. There is none of that, or very little, available in the states. DirecTV has none and DishNetworks has TV5 and some other channel. But nothing like TVA or LCN.

It was awesome to watch Gilles Duceppe during the debates.

bluereef

I am not in Minnesota but a friend of mine is at 44.7N
    If it truly is a Canadian satellite, how the hell do they make such a sharp cut from Southern Ontario to NW Ontario blocking out Michigan, Wisconsin & Minnesota

bluereef

Nothing in Central Florida, 2 -30 inch Winegard Dishes

SpeedTrap47

Matters not really that the middle SAT is the highest

both DTV and Dish use dish's with multiple LNBS 3 or 4 or more. No one lives exactly in the right spot

Bent But

Sure do - MPEG4 and 8PSK require higher threshold signal levels than MPEG2 and QPSK. N4 should allow Bell to deliver these types of signals to the west coast. Rainfade there was bad there with the old satellites even in MPEG2/QSPK.

bluereef

Could be, this is the trouble shooting I have done

changed the 91 and 82 cables around on my switches, did a check switch still the same all on 91 only even on 82, switches seem fine

then switched LNB's on my dishes(2 dishes 1 for 91 and 1 for 82) did a check switch and still the same all on 91 and only even on 82. So I ruled out that the switches are bad and the lnbs are bad. Also did memory dumps still the same.

Only TP3 is showing 78% all other 0. They were all fine in the 80's last night???

scrooloose

People in the states are either using a Broker with a Canadian address, or the user has a Canadian billing address. Try getting service with an American address and see how far you get.

-Mike

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information