Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rocket69

1 receiver (6200 HD), 2 TV's... how to...

Hi all, I am trying to hook up 2 TV's to one 6200 HD receiver. I am aware that I will only be able to "watch" one channel at a time, but I can't seem to get this set up working... here is my equiptment...

6200HD, hooked up via HDMI to my TV. S-video from 6200 is hooked up to a DVD recorder as well as with audio cables...

I tried connecting the 2nd TV to the "out" on the DVD. While having the DVD turned on, I was hoping that I can receive the "feed" into the second TV. However, in reading the DVD manual, it states that is can't be used a a "tuner"... a little lost on this as I am able to record onto DVD's...

So, is it possible to hook up 2 TV's to 1 receiver? If so, any suggestions on how to do it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Rocket69

You can't use the DVD recorder as a tuner, since it can't tune satellite signals, however, you can "tune" the tuner to L1 or whatever input you've connected the S-video cable to and then you should be able to "see" the channel coming from the Sat receiver on your TV via the recorder, the same way you can record that signal. (you can usually go to the correct input by selecting channel 2 and pressing the channel down button to get to 1, L1, L2, etc, what ever options there are on your particular recorder).

Pinza

Can you please verify the receiver model number, as you are posting in the Bell TV forum I am guessing it is a Bell TV receiver. As it is HD, you have only 5 choices, 6000, 6100, 6141, 9200 or 9242.

Then we can tailor the answers more acurately.

Rocket69

Sorry, it's a 6100 HD...

I tried the first suggestion, but that only allows me to view to 1 TV... I want to connect to 2 from the same receiver.

Thanks for the help...

Rocket69

smitthers

In my setup, I have the TV out connected to my 2nd TV, This is a coax cable but its the best option that i could think of. Like you, my rca/svideo outputs go to a dvd recorder.

Smitthers

Pinza

If you are already using both sets of outputs hen you will need to get a set of RCA splitters, that will then allow 2 feeds from the 1 set of Composite outputs, or a DVI splitter.

Rocket69

Is there a cable that "converts" the 3 RCA cables (red/white/yellow) to coaxial? I'm trying to use an "older" TV to get my second feed, but the back panel of my "older" TV only has an "antena" in socket...

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks
    ROCKET69

Pinza

Not a Cable but a small box, it converts the Composite outputs to RF so it can be sent over Coax.

I believe it is called a Modulator, I got mine from Radio Shack (The Source). Not too expensive.

Rocket69

Hi Pinza... this will work even though I have my HDMI plugged from my Expressvu to my TV?

Thanks!
    Rocket69

Pinza

Yes, no problem, all outputs are active.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information