Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    underpar

Bell Expressvu and Transponder 11- Newbie

Hi:
    I am new at this satellite game so please forgive a simple question. My Bell Expressvu system works just fine. My question relates to

Exvu.Tech.Mtl

Transponders will always change depending on the channel you are one, Channels 198 usually is transponder 6. Get transponder 13 on menu 6-1-1 as high as you can. Transponder 6 will always be low, around 70 to 80 %.

oksat

Transponders are like tranmitters on the satellite. Each transponder (tp) has a certain amount of channels. Some transponders have a stronger signal than others. Some transponders are broken (dead). If you want all the channels you suscribe to, you need all the transponders. If there was a way to "lock" to tp 6 only, you would find that you have very few channels for what you pay for

Nimiq 1

One of the reasons for the differences in Signal Strength is that when pointing at 91 Degrees you are looking at 2 Satellites, one is much newer than the other and therefore is somewhat stronger.

The main software for downloading onto your receiver is carried on Tp 11, which is why the manual try to get you to peak the signal on that Tp.

Even if you are only pointing at Nimiq 1 @ 91 degrees, I would advice still setting the Skew on the Dish prior to peaking the signal, this way if and when you add a second LNBF you will not have to do much re-aiming......

FYI, my transponder 6 on 91 is at 81%.

underpar

Thanks everyone for your responses. I don't think I phrased my question properly. What I am trying to find out is " do I have to lock in to a specific TP?" With the model 3100 Expressvu receiver, I don't know which button to press to LOCK-IN TP 11 so that it never changes from TP 11. Maybe I don't need to do this??? I ask this because the satellite strength screen does not have an ENTER or CONFIRM button to lock-in the choice. It just seems that I select TP11, then hit the menu button, then assume that I did not lock-in TP11 because it reverts back to TP06 next time I go into the satellite strength screen.
    Thanks again!

vmpv

No you can't lock on transponder 11. This is just the recommended transponder to be viewing when aligning the dish. As previously stated, the channel you are tuned to determines the transponder in use at that time.

underpar

Great.... thanks to everyone for their assistance.
    Cheers.

Exvu.Tech.Mtl

Every time I download a receiver I need to put it on TP 13, then turn off the receiver. That is why Bev always asks what the strength is at on 13 for every activation.

Nimiq 1

There is no logical reason to be on Tp 13.

Why would you go to Tp13 and Turn OFF, are you trying to Update the Software.?

If you are attempting to download the initial Firmware, you will never achieve that with the receiver turned off.......

Exvu.Tech.Mtl

Simplt to download the latest software of receiver. Refubished from bev as a rental.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information