Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    stormcat

Not getting Oasis, Treasure and WGN HD Channels

I am not not able to get BEV HD Oasis, Treasure and WGN channels. My signal quality is the same for these as all the other HD channels I am getting. Does anyone else have the same problem? Thanks.

Nimiq 1

Please explain what you mean by "Signal Quality".?

This term is generally used by the "testers".

Ex Agent EV

Are you getting Rush and Equator?

jwt873

What do you mean by "not getting"... Are you seeing a constant black screen with no sound, or do you get a "Satellite not available" message?

Ex Agent EV

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]My question was are you getting a message "This is a suscription channel which you have not purchased" or "The satellite signal is temporarly unavailable"

/FONT]

JohnOchen

I had a similar problem with a couple of channels that I was supposed to receive this week after they installed a new BEV system. Tech support had me re-download the programming and all was well. Being new to BEV, I cannot recall the steps I went through in order to download the programming though I know the procedure is in the operating manual. The tipoff for me was that the channels were not even listed in the guide.

JJO

Ex Agent EV

If the channels are not in the guide, and you know you suscribe to them you should go to MENU 6-1-1 and see you signal. Press the left arrow key and go to satelitte 82. If satelitte 91 is checked go on 82 and click SELECT. Move to the transponder box. Verify the signal on transponder 1-2-13-14-31-32. If it's over 75% your good. If it's showing WRONG SAT, go on the right side select CHECKSWITCH, SELECT you will have a message attention 057, please press check to checkswitch, go to CHECK and SELECT. It will run 38 tests and you most probably would have solve the problem

If that message wasn't there, press CANCEL and 3. You will have system info on screen. Make sure that you have the right software version
    (E563 for 6100 or V150 for the 9200)

If everything is alright go to b e l l.ca/missingchannels (remove the spaces) and it will give you the procedure to reset your receiver. Follow the steps and you should be alright

Nimiq 1

So here we are, several people offering very logical and valued ways to assist someone who has a problem but I still think it is very odd that the original poster said

In all my years dealing with Express Vu, the ONLY time the words "Signal Quality" are spoken is either a Tech with an expensive Signal Meter or a "tester".....

If the Poster is referring to "Signal Strength", how does he know the Signal Levels of the HD Channels he DOES get.?

How does he know the Signal Level of the Channels he does NOT get.

Sorry to sound cynical but it sounds like an HD FTA to me.

I would of course enjoy being proved wrong..........

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information