Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Jeff Wight

9200 Remote and Sony Amplifier

I have a Sony STR-DG800 amplifier conected to my 9200 that I am trying to change volume with using my 9200 remote. I have tried all of the codes, and even the scan feature to no avail. The first Sony code, 639, changes the volume on my Sony TV (which is really strange). I have a Yamaha amp in another room, so I programmed the remote for that to try, and it worked fine. I have tried with remote 1 and 2, and tried changing the remote address as well. Any ideas?

mrhooie

i've run into a few sony amps that wouldn't do it.

fact of life i guess

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Often cheap electronic companies will rebrand competitor's products and sell them as their own. When they do the remote codes that have to be used are the ones for the original manufacturer, not the one that's displayed on the device. For example my Toshiba TV was really manufactured by LG so I have to use LG codes for the remote. Try to see if that specific Sony product may be a re-branded product and who may have manufactured it.

dosborne

If you used the scan option and didn't find a code, then that is pretty much all you can do.

I have found however that there may be different versions of the same remote available. I'm not sure if it applies to the 9200 or not, but I have several remotes for the 5900 PVR and some revisions have codes for my amp, some do not. Visually, they are all the same.

The scan feature also typically only scans for the power function. It is possible (although not guaranteed) that one of the (Sony or other) codes could work volume and not power.

For example, my Yamaha RXV-1 has discrete codes for on/off, so pressing power didn't find the correct code, but by trying all the Yamaha codes, I was able to find one that worked the volume and several other features.

scrooloose

I have one of those Sony Dream systems (I think that's what they used to call them) and my BEV remote doesn't have correct codes for it either. I tried everything but they aren't there.

-Mike

Most HTiB systems are not controllable by any of the so-called universal remotes. For that you need a programmable remote, like a Harmony. The OP has an AVR though, but it may be later than the remote codes.

ltldevl

I have a STR925 (old Sony receiver but still does DTS) and the volume control works fine with the bell remote.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information