Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    snowbird99

100% and no programing (In Florida)

I've got 3 receivers that work great at home(London,ON). I just recently mounted a dish to my rv and took a drive down to Clearwater, FL. I took one of my receivers from home(working 100% fine will all my sub) and turned it on. I get a 100% signal strength from nimiq1 on transponder 11 yet I get none of my subscription channels just the bell info channels. Anyone know a reason for this or a way around it? I

ARR

There is another thread about Bev in Florida.
    You dare not call Bev for help or chances are they'll drop you like a hot potato.

You may just need a re-authorization hit.
    I think you can do this self serve from their web site.

If you are able to call, maybe using a Canadian cell phone #, tell them you've been on the road and are way off in the boonies of some Canadian province.

I_Want_My_HDTV

You won't get half the transponders in Florida. (There are lots of threads and posts about this on the net.) 100% on N1 sounds suspicious unless you are using an oversize dish.

Here's the other thread on Florida:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=69893

As stated above, 100% doesn't sound right.

ARR

My initial reaction was locked onto a DISH satellite, but he states Nimiq1 in his post, so maybe I'm wrong about that.
    That would account for a strong signal and no picture.

dosborne

At 100% signal, is the signal "locked" as indicated on the screen and the colour will change to green?

If not, then you are likely pointing at the wrong satellite as others have mentioned.

If it is green, posting more information would be helpful, such as the error if there is one. Do you get the "free" preview channels for example? If the receiver has not been used in a couple of weeks then the programming "expires" and it is either a matter of waiting a day or two for it to reauthorize itself or using the web site or call in also as previously mentioned.

If you call in, I would NOT mention you are using the receiver in the RV as then you get all kind of hassle about calling in to deactivate the units at home, etc (search on "cottage" for more information). Best to avoid the situation completely.

Ex Agent EV

First of all if you are away from home you should have called us to deactivate the receivers that stayed home to comply with the cottage policy. Both locations (home-motor vehicule) can be active at the same time

Second Bell doesn't have the licence to broadcast in the US, just like Dish or Direct TV doesn't have the licence to broadcast in Canada. It is therefore forbidden to bring you receivers there.

Third if you call Express Vu from the States, or mention that you are in the States we will deactivate the receiver right away

Since our system are not designed to be used in the USA it is therefore not surprising that it doesn't

snowbird99

It says locked on expressvu 91. Nice green bar and a signal strength between 96-100%. (Higest I can get back home is 85%... go figure). I do get around 10 channels that come in crystal clear(all the info channels that bev brodcasts for free) but don't get any of my sub channels. I did have the receiver unplugged for about a month before my trip. It was just sitting in the rv. Could that have been the problem?

dosborne

Definitely. Either leave it hooked up for a couple of days to see if it reauthorizes on its own or go to the web site and use the resync option. Should fix you up.

snowbird99

dosborne thanks for giveing me hope! I though all was lost. I'll keep everyone posted

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information