Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Evanryan

sw44 hookup question

I have a brand new big tv and got the 6120 HD BEV receiver for 299. I hooked up the new dish with 1 sw21 switch at the dish. I have 2 tv's running right now. the big one is on the sw21, and one in my sons room straight from the dish's sat 91 lnb. I have another receiver that I want to hook up and will need to use an SW44 to get it going.

My question is this. Can I install the SW44 inside and run the previously split sw21 line into it. In the end, I would have both an sw21 at the dish and an sw44 inside. It would save me going back up on the roof and running 100 feet more RG6 cable inside. The guy at Bellworld told me to hook up the SW44 inside from the SW21 feed, but I've been mislead by mall clerks before

Thanks....Wes

Altaman

sw44 hookup question

According to the information I have read the SW21 has to be after the SW44 and is used to combine the sat feeds from the SW44 and another separate signal. So no, you can not do that, you will need to disconnect the SW21 on the satellite and run 4 cable runs into the SW44 (one run for each satellite odd/even transponder).

Here is a link to using the SW44 and SW21: SW44 & SW21
    Alt

Evanryan

sw44 hookup question

Thanks for the response and the link to the bulletin. The bulletin says that the sw21 can be damaged if placed between the sw44 and a power inserter. In my case the sw21 would be first then the sw44 which has its own power source. The sw21 would not be receiving any powered sources and therefour should not be damaged. Am I reading that wrong? Is that the only problem? In other words, if I can hook them up so that the potential for damaging the sw21 doesnt exist, will it work?

Thanks. Wes

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

sw44 hookup question

I have an older 3100 and 4700 unit I got a sw44 unit and a power inserter would it be any benifit for me to hook this up or is it just for the 9200 models? If so how do I hook it up and what will I benifit from this unit?You can e-mail me at [email protected] and thanx for your help.

VuMax

sw44 hookup question

An SW44 is used for multi-satellite reception. So unless you want High Definition or specifically want some of the standard definition channels on EVu's second Satellite location (82 degrees), you don't need the SW44. The vast majority of the standard channels are at 91 degrees, which is what you'd be getting currently with a 3100 and 4700.

By the way, never give your email address out in a public forum. You're just asking to be inundated with spam. Do something like joe_nospam_zizek@tel...
    People know to remove the "_nospam_" when emailing you. This helps in protecting you from automated programs that search for email addresses.

I_Want_My_HDTV

sw44 hookup question

That is just plain wrong for an EV system. The linked diagram is for a three LNB Dish Network system, not a two LNB EV system.

Evanryan, you can mount the SW44 outside but I suggest placing it in a location protected from sunlight and rain. Under an eave will do. Inside is considered better by most people. Run 4 RG6s to the SW44 and feed your receivers from that. There is a way to use a SW34 and a SW21 but I would not do it that way if a new switch needs to be purchased.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information