HELP US PICK A DINING ROOM COLOR AND CURTAIN COLOR FOR OUR DINING ROOM!

My boyfriend and I just moved into an apartment together and we need some help with painting our place. We want to have an accent wall behind our dining room set. Our furniture, as you can see, is all pretty dark, so we would like to have a color pop to bring everything out and together. Keep in mind that we just moved in so the place lacks personality altogether.

Some things to consider:
-we have dark brown furniture.
-we have cream walls as of now.
-The vase on our table doesn't have to be used in decorating... its just something I received from a family friend (and love). Pretty much the one colored accent piece we have right now haha
-The colors in our items that we have around the open living area are mocha brown and stark white (we like the contrast together)
-we don't plan on keeping the blinds on the windows... we want to get white sheers and some drapes/panels for the windows and to soften the look up a bit.
-the windows are huggggggeeeee! Please see our picture in the link provided so you can see what we are working with!
-oh, p.s. we hate red
-any insight on good web sites to get inexpensive curtains from would be great too!

Please see our picture so you can kind of see what we are talking about!

we welcome any insight on some inspiration!

Thanks! Amber and Kevin
http://yfrog.com/n5img20100821214802j