Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Motorola Droid Full Solution Updated

um im a couple of step ahead of that um didnt work for the MMS but also the phone over heats alot and theres a problem with setCPU and froyo

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Change apns proxy from wap.mycricket.com:8080 to just wap.mycricket.com

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm running CM6, it works, but I had issues with it not running autostart.sh on boot. After reinstalling autostart.apk it seems to be working now.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I also have a fully flashed Moto Droid on Cricket, running Smoked Glass 6.0. I've also noticed my phone downloads the 2.1 update on it's own, but never prompts for install. My phone has downloaded it about 3 times now.

yeah i looked into /system/etc/security/ folder where the otacerts.zip file should be and its there so the OTA downloads over and over again without telling to to install it.

i removed the otacerts.zip and same result.
    i tried renaming it to otacert.zip.bak but it wouldnt let me.
    so i really do not know what is going wrong with the rom.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

So I've gotten my voice and text to work properly both sending and receiving.. but I'm still working on the internet, mms, and wifi problem.. I'll go over the steps I've not finished because of misunderstandings..

"Go to “EV-DO” tab and click read, you should see [email protected] if not then write
    [email protected].

On this tab do not change to simple ip, you must leave it on Mobile IP + Simple IP."

--I'm running on CMDA WS 2.7, and I know several people with fully flashed phones having used that and not 3.5(.5).. I don't know if that step is major, or what won't work if I don't follow through with it, but I'd like to know how to fix it if need be.

"Once phone reboots go to the market using WI-FI and download and install Autostart.exe."

--Well, if I had the option of getting on wifi, I would do that.. before I flashed it, I could get on wifi with no problem anywhere.. since I've flashed and installed Smoked Glass, when I try to enable wifi it says "unable to start wifi".. I installed the wifi tethering option through Smoked Glass but that's not doing anything for me, or I'm just missing something here.. someone help me?

incase you're wondering, any steps I don't mention in quotes are all completed, including the APN change of settings..

"Before starting the next step make sure you have the u2nl file in your this folder c:/android/tools and also that you have you autostart.sh file in this folder c:/

Now go to command prompt and type the following commands,
    cd c:\android\tools
    adb remount
    adb push c:\android\tools\u2nl /system/bin/u2nl
    adb push c:\ android\tools\autostart.sh /data/opt/autostart.sh
    Now:
    adb shell
    chmod 0755 /system/bin/u2nl
    chmod 0755 /data/opt/autostart.sh
    adb reboot"

I didn't understand this part at all.. am I supposed to connect and mount my phone to my computer, then run cmd on my computer? Am I supposed to create a file on my c drive for the android folder? I didn't have a cd or anything that came with my phone, just the charger and phone.. so if I am supposed to write my files, are there any prewritten files and folders I need in there before I run the command?

I realize some of this stuff may be redundant and I'm sure you guys are all tired of helping droid illiterate people out, but I'd be nothing but greatful if you guys could help me out in layman's terms to get my internet, mms, and wifi fixed. Thanks in advance!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

*edit.. in regards to the command line, I've gotten through it to the point of the chmod 0755.. but now it's saying there's no such file or directory.. help? But other than that simple progress, I still need help with the other things I quoted..

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I know this is a cricket thread, but:

Due to the fact that this is one of the few active threads left on Droid activation on alternate carriers, I'm still totally stuck on how to get data working on a network that uses something other than [email protected]. I use us cellular (CDMA) and the HDR login string uses HEXESN instead of MIN. As we all know (whiterabbit included) the droid overwrites anything before the @ in the string with the MIN. Has there been any progress on how to bypass this?

Thank you. :2thumbs:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

This should be adb push c:\android\tools\autostart.sh /data/opt/autostart.sh

The space was a typo. Like I said guys. I cant edit it. There is only a few minor things in the solution. This is not directed to anyone in particular, but please use common since. A lot of yalls issues are due to simple mistakes. My up-to-date solution is on Mobile Files.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

SyZtyM,
    This is how to edit posts, click edit, edit the post, click save, then go advanced, click save and it will save the edit. I just did it with my first post here post #2.
    Just an FYI, to make things a little easier, as we both know most people don't read through the whole thread. (685 posts)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information