Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tmobile Unfair Upgrade Option

I have been a faithful customer for TMO for over 4 years, I've upgraded my phone every year. They have the nerve to offer me a deal on the Sidekick 3 for $299 when they would originally charge me $399, a deal that I didn't ask for and yet I want to get the 8700g and the best deal they will offer me is $349. I've talked to 2 reps just one this morning and I am so angry with them. They refuse to budge, I told them why would you want to give me a deal on a phone I don't want but can't give me a deal on the phone I do want, it makes no sense to me at all. The rep that gave me the $299 deal offered me the deal put me on hold and talked to the supervisor and the next thing I know he comes back and says it's in the notes if I upgrade to the sidekick 3 it will only cost me $299 and my account isn't even eligible for an upgrade discount. I'm only 4 months into my new 2 year contract. I am so disappointed with TMO I have the cash to pay for the phone but just the idea that they will give me a deal on the phone I don't want and refuse to give me a deal on the phone I do want. I can't even bring myself to go purchase the phone from them. I am SOOOOOO Iritated I could SCREAM!!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

WOW...That makes NO SENSE.

TMO has been flexible with me in the past....

I recommend writing a letter to their marketing and Customer Service Dept. You could try calling again to see if you speak to a different person, however what you're saying makes sense, they are offering you a deal on a phone you don't want, why not just give you what you want ?

In situations like this with other companies, I've written and mailed (yes typed out, printed and signed letters in the MAIL...) has gotten me what I wanted.

No one really writes letters any more so if you take the time to actually put on together and mail it out, they take it seriously.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I feel writing a letter would be wasting your time, who wants to wait weeks for this to happen? I am employed by Sprint-Nextel and the other day a disgruntled customer came into my store and he was upset at TMO, I actually took the time to call TMO for the customer and got him out of a contract! I think you need to call back to TMO Care and talk to someone else, keep on talking to someone else until they give in to what you want. My experience with customer care is you will get 10 different answers from 2 different people!!! Good luck msbrenda, Ill also shoot a message over to the local TMO store see if they have any advice for you!! cya.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I know what your talking about cp I got a lot of problems like that with telus and each time I try to call back 5-6 times in a day and at the end I always got what I wanted. I used to work with rogers too and these companies are all the same

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Logically I see your point, You can try calling again and again, but if you feel you are getting no where, don't give up. The letter writing; once again it is my personal experience, proves letter writing works. Just to name a few things- Free bedroom setCollege graduation ring5 day trip to Puerto Rico.....even got a major radio DJ fired in NYC....ALL THRU LETTER WRITING. For some reason it is taken alot more serious than an email. And the response are not in weeks it more like days. I usually put them together like police reports. Time, Date, who you spoke to, their comments, attitude, etc etc. There are companies where they take customer service very seriously and what is going on with Msbrenda64 shouldn't be happening.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Call Corporate...They tried to pull crap on me when I was upgrading from a 7105 to 8700...Call corporate and complain to them...Whatever you can get them to offer, they will call the store and make them honor the same thing...Don't take no for an answer...Learn the pharse "not good enough" until they get you what you want...

If it comes down to it, tell them that you are so upset that you are willing to cancel your policy, pay the contract out and switch over to Cingular because they are offering a deal for you to switch.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've never had that problem. When I ordered my 7105t, I spoke to a nice rep who, although she was nice enough to mention cheaper options for me (the SDA, a Nokia 3660 or 6010...they didn't have the 6800, 6820, or the 6822) when I got fed up with Sidekicks, went through with my purchase of the 7105t on the phone.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

when you call up the customer care, and the rep isn't helping you out, just ask for the manager....and if they tell you that they are busy, just say you will hold for them. i do it all the time....i upgrade every year too. i got my 7105 2 month before my contract was up and they originally wanted 300 or 400 for it, they gave it to me for 199 the 2 year contract price for 1 year ext. you just have to be patient and be willing to spend some time on the phone eventually they will get annoyed at you and give you what you want just to get you off the phone lol

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

if the only offer your getting is 349 that means u upgraded recently.. not to be mean but why dont you all grow up as far as things are concerened. You all act like everything is supposed to be free. You dont get a new car every year for free, you shure do not get your bills paid for free. Seriously.

On another note this page is not made to bash companies and try to show you how to get things because when all is said every company is exactly the same in the end. This is a forum for knowladge and friendship.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't think that anyone is necessarily wanting something for free...

My deal with Tmobile was they didn't want to sell the 8700 to me because I was an existing customer...I wasn't looking for a deal or anything, I was ready to pay full retail price for it, but they claimed that it would be an upgrade and they couldn't sell it to me. I think that was kind of ridiculous because of the fact I was ready to pay the full retail for it.

I think mainly, most people who are current customers just want to be taken care of by a carrier they have an established relationship with, which I can't really blame them for. As far as getting things for free, nah...I think in Brendas case, they could atleast honor the initial offer that they gave her. Not like they are going to be losing money on it anyways...

Just my $0.02

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information