I need a small car because they are easy to steer and maneuver. Small cars are also easy to park. At first, I've been concentrating on Japanese cars like Toyota and came up with the Corolla. I've heard Japanese reliability is very high. The 3 main Japanese companies I've been focusing on are Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. Don't mention the Honda Fit. That's too new. I can't find one at least under $5,000. Another reason I want a small car is because they get good gas mileage at a low price. This also protects the environment. The only reason I turned to the Golf is because hatchbacks looks more interesting than the usual sedan. The Golf is small, so it's easy to steer and park. I know that VW is a German automotive industry. I DON'T want an American-made car. So, no Ford, Chevy, GMC, Oldsmobile, Saturn, etc. This is a car I'm going to drive to school and around town.
I will NOT accept biased answers towards Toyota. Only newer models of Toyotas are recalled. I don't think a '97/'98/'99 Toyotas have been recalled at all. I'm looking for a Honda/Toyota/Nissan that I can drive. I've considered the Corolla, Camry, Rav4, Civic, Accord, Versa, Maxima. I obviously want one with good fuel economy, so I don't have to worry about forgetting to fill it up when I get home. Remember it needs to be a small car, so I can park it and maneuver easily.