Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Power Commander 5 and Auto Tune Info

I agree. OTOH, narrowing the correction factor will allow you to realize if there are any other problems creating an overly lean mixture, i.e. leaking manifold. Dynojet recommends this.

I agree again. And these are exactly the limitations of the stock system with the exception of the MAP sensor. The narrow-band sensors don't cover the RPM range or the AFR range of the wide-band sensors. That leaves you with almost an open loop system. The stock Harley system is like a half & half. It's closed loop where it needs to be to pass emissions requirements. Personally, I find the wide-band to make much more sense. That is why Dynojet Tuning Centers that uses "Tuning Link" software use the wide-band sensors. To create fuel maps across the entire TP & RPM range.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Glad to see this post is still alive and more info is being contributed.

I haven't had much time lately to post, but I check in every now and then to see what's new. My work computer in Iraq won't let me on the site...so I'm stuck with a few minutes a day on my personal computer before I need to go to sleep. Most of that time is spent on skype with family.

I'm envious of you who are riding right now...can't wait to get home and pull the scoot out for a run.

Post more about the PCV as you learn it...I'm looking forward to learning more when I get home.

ICLICK...how are your lean settings working in the warm weather? Do you have to use the switch to cool her down much?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Glad to see you posting and that you are well. Thanks for all you do. Be safe.

wow, bought pcv w/auto tune b4 even reading any of this. Glad I did though. After reading I realized I screwed up and put rubber plug in instead of termination plug on AT module (even tho Jamie specified to do this, my bad). So I'll correct this tomorrow. Either way bike ran like a raped ape w/out AT hooked up properly. B4, all I had was Bub 7 slip on w/O2 enrichners. For anyone with an 08, its a tight fit, I ended up trimming ECM tray with dremel to make it fit easier.Anyways, after calling fuel moto I ordered hi flow A/C w/PCV and AT. Amazing difference over stock 08 SEUC. Thanks all for contributing, especially Jamie. Stand up company and I will definitely recommend to all my ridin buds

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've had the pcv on my 09ug for about a week. I could tell the immediate difference going through the gears. Gives the bike alot of peep. I am going to get the dyno jackpots and ac. Thanks for all the advice on this thread. Fuel moto really knows their stuff.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have purchased the autotune for my 08 Road King. It has been sitting in the garage for about 2 weeks. I am not mechanically inclined and am really concerned about removing the stock O2 sensors. I did read ICLICKs post on breaking them loose and then adding penetrating oil, are there any other helpful tips? Do you use a socket on both sensors? Should I buy the o2 socket and box wrench?

Any help would be appreciated.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Go to autozone and buy the $10 O2 sensor socket. It's not hard to install.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The socket worked well on the front cylinder of my 08 but there was not enough room to use it on the rear. I had to use a wrench for the rear cylinder.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

'Ya bunch of geeks! Get off the keyboard and go ride for cryin' out loud!!! Just kidding, I'm expecting the little brown truck to show up at my house today with Jamie's package and am sure that I'll be doing the exact same thing this weekend!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

piece of cake.

I used a crows foot wrench on a long extension to access the sensors from the left side. I had to add a swivel adapter for the rear one. I anticipated that they may be tough to remove but I didn't have any issue on my 08 breaking them loose.

I have a 7/8 o2 socket for my truck, but its not deep enough for the new Bosch sensors. just make sure you use some anti seize and thread them in by hand, then tighten.

I read the instructions from Jamie and couldn't figure out where they meant to put the modules ?? i located mine in the left side cover next to the fuse block.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information