Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pet Peeves

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pet Peeves

This thread is Awesome!

I hate when my jeans starting squeezing my nuts, on long rides.

Or when the hair between my legs, under my cheeks, starts pulling because it's too friggin hot out & I should've stayed home!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pet Peeves

1. Drivers not stopping at stop signs
    2. Texting/cellphone users
    3. Drivers turning left at intersections

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pet Peeves

Had this happen to me for the first time yesterday on I-10 during an MDA Poker Run. Completely took me by suprise and what made it really bad was that we were trying to out run bad weather and the wind was very strong.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pet Peeves

I am with the cell phone use. Texting and talking, get hands free if your going to talk. The evil eye you get at some stoplights. Some people look at me like I'm a troublemaker just because I ride a harley. Everybody's not in a gang people I just like to ride. So, gangs giving the non-gang riders a bad rep.

Pet Peeves

Does anyone know what the Yellow traffic light means? It means stop unless that would be unsafe. It does not mean to go above the speed limit to beat the red light!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pet Peeves

Some people don't like the lack of turn signals. Don't forget that when you see the turn signal light it only means the light is still working. Some people use mix up the signals or leave them on for miles.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pet Peeves

People that "don't see me", I call bullcrap!! they see us, they just choose to ignore us because "it's JUST a motorcycle". I've almost beat the crap out of guys I was in their car with because of them doing just that.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pet Peeves

Thanks Bob,
    Glad you thought they were noteworthy.

Couple of others:
    The going "Green" promotions: some are propaganda, but some have merit: but never a word about our motorcycles and fuel mileage (I get 40+mpg) etc., minimul parking space taken, I think we leave a pretty small carbon footprint - but never the credit. What would the fuel consumption be if 600,000 drove their cars & SUVs to Sturgis?
    (a good example of where we DO get credit is car pool lanes that motorcycles are ok)

Wonder what an article on our economic impact would look like? HD, HD Dealers, Smokey mts-campgrounds, hotels, restaraunts, "Bike Nights", Kuryakyn, biketronics, Capt. Itch, hell this forum has 85,000 members alone! Most on here are NOT takers. An article on what we contribute might help the cause a little. The only thing I see on TV are Sons of Anarchy and "Outlaw Bikers" the The Discovery Channel. Give me a break.

Pat

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pet Peeves

One of my peeves , I used to like going with a family riding 'club' on group rides. because of, meeting new people and seeing old aquaintances, getting to go places and see stuff I wouldn't usually plan to do by myself. This part is all good stuff.
    BUT, the not so good stuff, one time the group got a lot of bikes and someone decided we needed ' Blockers" at intersections.
    In a large group the leader passes a slow car, everyone follows suite, have you seen what happens 15-20 bikes down the line.
    Group riding can be fun but considering all the peeves, not so much. Like go where the group goes, pee when the group pees, eat when and where the group does, gas when and where the group does.
    Listen to all the pre ride rules and watch while nobody follows them.

One time I drank too much coffee,early starts not my thing I work a late shift and am use to sleeping in. Anyway after an hour of misery I dropped back and finally pulled into a rest area. The tailgunner/sweeper followed me in. I apologized telling him I couldn't hold it any longer. He said, me too. I got to know him a little and we rode together to the next town where we caught up with the main group.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pet Peeves

A lot of good pet peeves here. One that wasn't mentioned is spinning hubcaps. I hate spinners -- can't tell with a quick glance that the car is not moving. They should be against the law.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information