Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stupid little things.

I was coming to a stop at a red light. I put my left boot down just as the bike comes to a complete stop. I usually only put my left foot down so I can use the rear brake to keep the bike from moving around. Well, I decide to put my right foot down just because my ass is getting hot. I feel my right foot slip away from me as though I stepped on ice, and now the bike is leaning to the right because of the slip. I quickly re-plant my right boot and everything is fine. BP goes up, cold sweat, and I look around to try to figure out what the hell just happened.

My right boot slipped on a black piece of plastic that looked like it came off the inside of a car fender. I didn't see it, and a stupid little 3x5" piece of plastic almost took me down. I was 3 miles away from home, heading home after a long ride. My guard was down. I was looking at cars and lights because we get crushed mostly at intersections, and I wasn't thinking that I would have a single vehicle accident because of something that was left at the intersection by a previous accident. Hope this helps someone's street riding mindset.

Stay frosty, all the time.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stupid little things.

4 years ago I was coming to a stop at Fullerton and Harlem in Chicago on my '01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, when, at all of 2 mph, my front wheel rolled over a 1 foot by 6 inch wide piece of aluminum siding. The siding had been run over and flattened so many times it had alomst a mirror polish to it. Needless to say, since my front wheel was under braking, the handlebars immediately swung to the left, causing the bike to fall over on it's right side, catching my right ankle on the swingarm. Fortunately, I had full riding gear on including boots, which only caused a bone bruise to the ball of my ankle.

Still, like your story, a seemingly benign and routine event that was made challenging by a seemingly innocuous piece of road debris.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stupid little things.

Ive been riding dirt bikes for 13 years now(im 17 years old),

When i was 10, i was riding a mid 90's XR400 honda. i loved the bike but it just didnt have enough power for my liking anymore.

One day my uncle was down on a long weekend to come riding with me and me friends. we did some riding, and it was all in good fun. then then at lunch on the sunday, my uncle and his wife went out for lunch in town, and me and my friends satyed on my dads property to keep riding.

just before he left, i asked my uncle if i could take his 650 for a ride. he said that i shouldnt, because it was still a little big(both size and power wise) for me.

of course i didnt like this, and as soon as he left i hop'd on his 650 and kicked it over. all went smoothly, i had allot of fun riding it, it had allot of the same charactaristics as my 400, just more powerfull.

BUT

disaster struck soon afterwoods. i went back to the shed to get a drink while all my mates were still out on the trails, and when i went to pull up allong side the shed, the weight of the 650 became too much all of a sudden and down i went.

i was trapped between the shed and the 650 for half an hour, under a burning hot engine and pipe with a broken ankle from the fall(caught under the swingarm)

one of the msot embarrassing times of my life that rofl.

but now times have changed. Ive still got the 400 sitting at home. but now its accompinied by my 07 KTM 525. it was just one of those "look back and laugh" moments i guess. you've allways gotta be on your guard, on or off the tar.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stupid little things.

Owned!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stupid little things.

back in the eighties i was coming to a slow stop , going to turn right and i lost the front end at 2 mph i went from vertical to on my head in nothing . When i gently put on the front brake it ran over a broken piece of an old Lp it was 2" square , the wheel locked up and went sideways . Trooper , Hot Shots What a crap album , cost me a few hundred to fix the tank and a bit of my dignity, people had a good laugh . Still have that piece vinyl .

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information