Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Added Cobra pipes and Fi200R, but no air cleaner?

I took my bike in for the 600 mi service (Boulevard C50) and decided to have the shop install some Cobra pipes and the Cobra Fi2000R. And now I'm reading about more power from a K&N air filter. Will it help it add any horsepower? And do the settings on the Fi2000R need to be adjusted now that I will add a K&N?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The K&N will get you more air in, the Bikes stock computer adjusts as well. I have drilled out pipes, and a K&N, and it runs fine. The way it goes, you can always dump more fuel into the thing, but without air, it's just waisted fuel.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What Cobra pipes did you install? From everything I have read here and elsewhere you definitely want to richen up your mixture if you add a aftermarket air filter as this will cause your bike to run to lean and may well lead to burnt valves.

I just pust a Cobra 2 into 1 on my 07 C90 and will install a Power Commander III usb and K&N filter this weekend. I downloaded a map for this .

I am sure you will get some more input from ones using the Cobra module on C50's

:bluethum:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I drilled out a set of stock mufflers I bought for 20.00 NEW. I have a header pipe left over, I am selling, the TOP muffler one, for the rear cylinder.

The FI system for the bike, is the same they use for their race bikes. It is a 32bit system, and adjusts your fuel mixture, that's the whole point of having FI over carburetor, but, there are limits. I drilled out pipes for my Vulcan I had, and I had to run it choked all the time...

Anyhow, richer is better for performance and safty, lean makes the chambers run hotter, I know. TO make it worse, PA gas is 10% Ethanol now, and we pay the same high prices as everyone else, and it's not pure gasoline. What a rip off that is, Ethanol kills gas mileage unless the motor is made to run on it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

you can get advanced tuning instructions here; www.fi2000r.com/files/pdf/52_92-5103.pdf

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The pipes I'm having put on are: Cobra Streetrod Exhaust w/Slashdowns Price: $407.96;Manufacturer: Cobra;Part Number: 1810-0528. I am wondering if I can put in the K&N air filter in my stock air filter case or holder (don't know what to call it) or do I have to buy the whole unit? Thanks for the info guys.....Stanley

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just the filter, nothing else...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know how much will be gained by adding a K&N to the stock filter housing - unless you open it up. When I took my housing cover off, I can't figure out where it is drawing in enough air to support a pipe mod. I drilled some holes in the bottom of mine to allow more air in and it runs smoother.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am going to cut out a "scoop" in an air-cleaner cover, once I buy a used one. I will simply cut around the mounting bolt, and around right the edge, to make like a crescent moon or large reverse "C" shape - (large and fatter) intake scoop, and maybe put a screen behind it. This gets COLD air from outside. The K&N helps as it is, but you are getting warm air, even with the stock filter; as the intake holes are right in front of the jugs. ANyhow, as soon as I can find a used intake cover, I will have it done, and post pics.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Drilling or cutting the housing is a good idea.....but won't that allow more particles in that the filter will have to deal with? I imagine the filter can only take so much....or else we should put a screen over it and forget the cover altogether. Drilling a few holes probably wouldn't hurt it too much though. When you install a new filter, do you have to oil it up? I read that somewhere.....so I have to order the filter and then the special oil too?
    Stanley

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information