Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Deltakiral

General Anime Questions

Is there some sort of tradition with Japanese funeral about pouring sake or some or beverage on the tombstone/headstone. I remember seeing this in Samurai X where Shinta (Kenshin) is buring his friends...and more recently in the third.

I know in many European culture if you family/close friend was killed in an unnatural way that people would spill a little blood as an oath. Is this similar to Japanese or completely different?
    Till next time,

Delta Kiral

ManOfRust
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine Princess
    Quote Originally Posted by san-san
    I have searched far and wide for the second Wolf's Rain OST but to no avail.This leads me to believe that it hasn't been licensed. I was wondering if it is and if it is included in the DVD boxed set.
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0001NBMWQ/ref=nosim/xangacom
    That link is for the first Wolf's Rain OST.

I remember seeing this question come up a while back in the music forum. Supposedly, the second one has been released is the US --

Quote Originally Posted by In [url=http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27282&postdays=0&postorder=asc&sta rt=0]this[/url] thread Bruce Lee
    OST 2 has been released in the US - it was reviewed here.
    But I can't find it for sale in any of the online domestic stores I can think of. Amazon has the import version for sale here, but it's at an import price.

As far as whether it's in the box sets, I don't think so, but I'm not 100% sure. The Volume 1 + artbox for sure comes with OST 1. The Complete Collection also mentions a CD, but annoyingly the Bandai site does not specify what it is. My guess is that it's also OST 1. It does not look like either of the new Anime Legends boxes come with either soundtrack.

IchigoK90
    Just a couple of short questions.

Okay my friend lent me his bootlegged copy of Zeta Gundam (Dubbed) and well the dub version he got does not have the J-pop opening but instead uses one of the instrumental themes used during the series. Just wondering what the name of that theme is. Thanks in advance.

I was wondering if Gainax had any plans of continuing His & Her Circumstances as there is still tons of manga that they could have used. I know that when they were making His & Her Circumstances that they were under a tight budget but they still made it a great anime.

About how much of the manga does the first DeathNote Movie cover. From the trailer that I have seen I am guessing it covers volumes 1 to halfway through volume 4.

Does anyone else think that Gunslinger Girl ended when it seemed like it was starting.

Also does the anime adaption of Great Teacher Onizuka cover the entire manga.

Sorry the mac keyboard I am using really sucks and does not have comas or question marks.

joel_s95387

Help me name an anime! please,,,

Quote Originally Posted by dormcat
    Quote Originally Posted by joel_s95387
    I keep hearing that Tsukihime is a game, what does that mean?
    Tsukihime was first released as a computer game. Anime and manga were its adaptations.

I'm in California so please take it easy on me.
    Living in CA doesn't limit your access to the Internet, does it? 8-)
    So by computer game, it's like an RPG? Sorta like those dating-sims I hear so much about, yet have never had a chance to play. When I think of games, I think of Street Fighter, God Of War, Onimusha, Mario, Final Fantasy, but I don't understand what kind of game this is. And although I do have access to the internet, I did check out this site before I posted the question, yet I can't tell what kind of game it is. Computer game? Can't that be just about any type of game? And then it says something of a game/novel... and that just confuses me more. Seeing as how it was mentioned that this game hasn't even been legally translated into English, i can't really see for myself.

PantsGoblin

Anime that references Okinawa

These questions aren't really that important, I was just curious. I was looking through one of those ad booklets that came with a DVD I recently got (Kiddy Grade File 1) and they quoted ANN a few times. I've looked the site and some of the forums relating to the series and I honestly can't find where they got them. Just wondering if anyone knew where they came from:

The Galaxy Railways:
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimeNewsNetwork
    Fifteen minutes is all it took. After that, I was hooked... this is a grand adventure that shouldn't be missed.
    I couldn't find it in the review. The review wasn't that favorable of it anyway.

Baki the Grappler:
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimeNewsNetwork
    Baki doesn't need testosterone. Baki IS testosterone...
    There wasn't a review for BTG and I couldn't find it in the forums either.

Zero89

General Anime Questions

As far as I know, Its red out of respect for the game that its based off of. I believe it was lightly addressed somewhere in the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya thread, pretty early into it... If it's not there, than I guess it's in the Higurashi thread.... It would be pretty early into the thread, because I only followed that thread up until about ep. 4.
    Hope that helps! ^_^'

edit:

Checked it out for you.... and I couldn't find it @_@ (could have sworn abunai said something about it...) Anyway, I checked elsewhere, and my guess seems to be right... Guess I read it somewhere else. ^_^'

dormcat

Help me name an anime! please,,,

Computer game? Can't that be just about any type of game? And then it says something of a game/novel... and that just confuses me more.
    I already gave you the Wiki entry of Tsukihime. There's another link within it: visual novel. Use it wisely.

Vortextk

General Anime Questions

Do phrases like "You're 100 years too early to challenge me" mean anything? I mean, besides the obvious meaning, did it originate somewhere? Just a Japanese thing?

I remember playing Super Mario RPG like 10 years ago and one of the villains is playing an almost hide and seek game with you trying to find him. Everytime you catch him he gives you a line something like that until you finally fight him. Most recently I've seen it in GTO, but I've also seen it in atleast another handful of anime.

Zalis116

[ATTN] General Anime Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Stellarleen
    I apologize if this question has already been asked/answered; I did not read through this entire thread. Anyway I have watched s-CRY-ed twice now (on Cartoon Network). I was wondering what the title means. If they mentioned it in the series, I missed it. Also, how do you pronounce it.... Is it s-cry-ed, or do you say it all together, like 'skrid or skred'?
    Going off the katakana in the title, スクライド [sukuraido], I'm going with "skried," one syllable, which rhymes with the word "cried." Actually, this title is based on a rather obscure English word, "scry," meaning "to see or predict the future by means of a crystal ball," and "scryed" is a form of that word. This may have something to do with the content of the series, since some people have paranormal abilities. (I haven't seen s-CRY-ed, so I don't really know.)

WesW

[ATTN] General Anime Questions

Are there names for the different animation styles used in anime? For example, GitS SAC tends to use a realistic style, CLAMP a pretty-boy style, and recently seeing Air and the way it animated the females got me to wondering. I realize that customized models are constructed in a series' development, I'm just wondering if the general styles have terms attached to them.

Thanks for any help.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information