Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Robin

6 false POSITIVE pregnancy tests!!! ?

First off... I am very irregular with my cycles but about 4 months ago I was put on Metformin to try to regulate my cycles. I took the meds for about 2 1/2 months and went off of them because of discomfort. I have had my cycle 3 months in row at the same time of the month but this month I did not get my period so I did a home pregnancy test (dollar tree test) and it came out positive. So the following day I took another one (equate) and that one came out negative so I thought that I would take one more to see if it would come out positive or negative and that one came back positive too! I have taken 7 pregnancy tests and 6 of them were positive! 5 of them were faint positive results, but my last one was the same color as the test window line! I went to get a blood test drawn at 8:30am that same morning and the blood test came back negative! How is that even possible? My breasts are sore, headaches, very tired (but I have a 4, 2 and a 1 year old) but I have been more tired than normal and I have nausea! (smells are more pronounced) I have never heard of anyone having false positives before, but 6 of them???? Has anyone else have/had the same problem as me? Did you end up being pregnant or not???? Thanks in advance!

Gabababy
    hey hun!!

i was in same boat as u!

i took medince, then 2 weeks later my period was 6 days late i took pregnancy test it came out positive!! i was freak out then i decide to took other test it came out positive again, so i took other 4 test, they came out positive again, they were very faint.. then few days later, i decide to took other test to see if its positive, it came out negative! i was upset.. then 2 days later i had my period so i wasn't pregnant!!

yes i had sore boobs, headache and tiredess (its period signs)

so i looked up on internet, it says any medince can cause false positive cos they are in HCG pregnancy level, which they mess up ur test..

sigh im sorry to heard bot it.. so i think u r the same as my problem false positve.. i think u will hav period in few days like me..

merry xmas xx

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information